Lamia vs panathinaikos august 24 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamia vs panathinaikos august 24 2019

Important to start the season with a win on the road. If we're to stay within 5 points of the Championship this year, these games are a must.

Any links boys

Comment

Originally posted by Ethnikos View Post
      Any links boys
      ERT live web tv....HD SPORTS

Comment

Went down by 1 unlucky break....goalkeeper should have done better. Equalized with Makeda on a penalty awarded by VAR, There's hope after all in Greece lol. PAO controlled the first half 73 to 27 in possession....having trouble breaking down Lamia 11 man defense, especially on right side.

Comment

1-1 the final. Lamia was hard to break down 11 men behind the ball. Also they did a great job in turning the match into a muck fest faking injuries from the 50 minute mark....we need to learn how to work through that, because the majority of the league is played that way.

Comment

We didn't deserve to win. Lacked imagination, creativity. Terrible communication at the back. You don't gift goals like that especially against lamia, who never intended to play. From their whining at every decision, to their anti-football, I really hope they go down because they're a bad look for the league. And talking about the league looking bad, here's a link to a video of the boys fromVAR receiving their souvlakia order just before kickoff.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/supe...athinaikos-vid

They missed the first handball in the box from 38 yr old vyntra, who mind you, watching him, was bringing up bad memories but well done to the lads for spotting the second.

Comment

^^I agree we didn't deserve to win....they were not creative fighting throughout the match. Lamia really slowed the match down in the second half, and managed to reverse any momentum PAO had....they killed off 10 minutes faking injuries. The players need to learn how to work through that, because at least 60 percent of the Greek teams use that system....need to work harder. Getting to your point about Lamia being bad for Greek football....the majority of Greek teams are bad. That's the main reason we have a hard time developing creative Greek players , and the reason why we only develop good defensive players.

Comment

^^You're right and I think we made some poor choices regarding the friendlies we choice or agreed to. Against the dutch teams you're going to find a lot of space. Being that we are not playing in europe, every fixture needed to be against sides that sit to better prepare the players. Xanthi was a good selection and i guess you could say the same for both besiktas and gala as both opted for a conservative approach. Offcourse when points are up for grabs, things get harder and you need your best 11. I don't think that was our best 11. We’re limited selection wise in certain positions but we can do better than hatzitheodoridis and donis. Bouzoukis came on at 82'. I know he's returning from an injury but he looked fine and we needed him out there for much longer. Donis didn't even bother with a third change. I'm not talking about hatzigiovannis. Despite being told to warm up, I knew wasn't playing. He hasn't signed a new deal and could be wanting out.

To elaborate on what you said about lamia and equivalent clubs, the problem is presidents putting pressure on managers for results and as a result, managers are opting for less risk in their approach, hence player selection, out of fear of losing and losing their jobs. See presidents only care for their own interests but their product suffers and can only attract certain fans. Offcourse I’m talking about the mindless result based fans that rock up constantly shouting profanities when they don't get their way. Their only want is bragging rights. Not one of them seek entertainment from football, nor see football as entertainment. They are not football lovers because if they were, they wouldn’t rock up to those games.True football fans want to be entertained. These are the type of fans we need attending games. But it has to start with the presidents. They have to share the same philosophy and if their product is entertaining, we should start seeing more football fans and less result based fans at games. I think Asteras sets a good example for these smaller clubs. I love that they are always looking to take the game to the opposition. I'm always intrigued to see their Spanish recruits in action.

Comment

In addition, Lamia could have won that match if they pressed at some point....instead of parking the bus for 85 minutes at home. What stood out in this match our defensive play is sub par. You mentioned that and yes we need work in that area. It seemed to me that while we pressed we could have moved up the field more, but maybe we didn't because of lacking confidence in the backline. Anyway with this budget there will be weaknesses somewhere in the lineup.

Comment

Working...
                  X