Week 2 Panathinaikos- Lamia 01/09/2018 19:15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're truly a joy to watch. This is the best team we've had in years and they're kids (average age 24.6 today). Will get better over time too.

It's no coincidence either. Players have risen through the ranks and know the weight of the shirt. Coach gets it as a former player too.

Credit to Emmanouilidis, you can see what it meant to him running to Donis.

International break has come at a good time imo, even though we're winning. Kids can do with the rest as it will be a long season.

Comment

Im happy to see the kids performing as I'm sure many others are as well. Perhaps if form continues and we finish somewhere solid this can be a great thing for Greek football. Teams buy too many foreign players when in fact the Greek youth know more about these clubs than the foreign player does. I think if PAO starts to get better we should maybe look into developing young Greek talent and selling them for good profit, like a Greek Bnefica. Try to make some decent runs in Europe all the while gaining exposure and developing players for the national team.

Comment

I'd love that re. We've battered 2 teams we dropped points to last season playing good football with Greek kids. Maybe this transfer penalty was the best thing that happened to us. Imagine how good these kids will be come season's end.

Comment

^^I agree, the restrictions might be our blessing. What Pana97 said about developing with young talent is our only option....can this system work, the answer to that question....ask AEK, they have already proven it does.

Comment

18/19 season really started well for Panathinaikos...

What actually went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by AEKftw21 View Post
              18/19 season really started well for Panathinaikos...

What actually went wrong?
              If you read about the fights Alafouzos has had with Donis, it is clear PAO will never achieve anything with Alafouzos there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

If you read about the fights Alafouzos has had with Donis, it is clear PAO will never achieve anything with Alafouzos there.
                Tbh, their form between November and January in important games was stellar...

Comment

Originally posted by AEKftw21 View Post

Tbh, their form between November and January in important games was stellar...
                  True, but their youth and energy probably gave them that boost. As for other explanations - even a broken a clock is right twice a day..

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

True, but their youth and energy probably gave them that boost. As for other explanations - even a broken a clock is right twice a day..
                    Well said, were they a bit more consistent, we'd have seen 3 teams battle for the 2nd spot...

With right summer planning (that guy Carlitos looks promising), they can do well in next year's competition.

Comment

I think they will zombie along until they get an owner with a plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X