Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stadium

Seems this is a leaked image of what they may go for:

Will be 41,000 - finally a decent capacity for a Greek stadium. Spatial planning already submitted and Kaftanzoglio stadium already booked by PAOK for next season.

It's been long over due that Greece built football stadia like this. If Greece secures hosting rights to Euro 2028, this stadium could potentially host the final. Thessaloniki is better situated to our co-hosts.

I can't see us hosting the World Cup. Uruguay/Argentina/Paraguay will probably host to mark the century when Uruguay hosted the first edition.
    Last edited by Don Giovanni; 04-16-2019, 01:46 AM.

Comment

At least PAOK went 41k, they prob could have gone 50 but hey, 41 is better thank 30

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
        At least PAOK went 41k, they prob could have gone 50 but hey, 41 is better thank 30
        Yes. The plot can easily accommodate a 40k - the built area of the existing Toumba is far bigger than the small plot AEK demanded was used to build their new stadium. 50k may be pushing a bit.

On the plus - a 40k will be able to host a Europa Cup final. This stadium is much needed, for PAOK, Salonika and Greece. I also think a new 40k stadium will be filled quite often by PAOK.

Comment

30-40-50,000 makes no difference to me tbh,

We wont fill 30,000 for most games during the season, only the derbies. So better off with a 30,000 seater that will seem fuller and create a better atmosphere vs small-medium teams

Comment

Originally posted by Dikefale11 View Post

We wont fill 30,000 for most games during the season, only the derbies. So better off with a 30,000 seater that will seem fuller and create a better atmosphere vs small-medium teams
            And for European games and cup derbies. You were selling over 40k tickets for your cl games this season. You should in theory have over 12 sellouts per season on current data.

Comment

30-32500 will be enough IMO.

As you said the land is not there for a higher amount. I would take 30k at Nea Filadelphia than 40 anywhere else...

Comment

Originally posted by Dikefale11 View Post

You actually could have gone bigger, by around 4000 seats (total 35,000 seats) - however the communist council members reduced the permitted height of the stadium by around 3 meters stopping that and the plans were redrawn..

Comment

Cause there is so many high rises in Athens

Comment

Working...
                  X