• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Great Topic

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Fetfa would've had nearly double the assists if Brown Ideye put away half his chances in front of net earlier in the season

Comment

Originally posted by LoneHorseman View Post

Fetfa would've had nearly double the assists if Brown Ideye put away half his chances in front of net earlier in the season
          A very good point. Some of those misses by Ideye were tragic. Just him and the keeper and not even on target.

On that same tangent I think El Arabi would have a couple more if it hadn't taken Martins so long to realise he should be a starter.

Comment

Comment

Surely my old men Arabi and Valbuena will take the prizes home. They are probably the more experienced players of the league.

Comment

Final League stats:

If we had more fixtures like Spain, Turkey, Italy etc, El Arabi would probably be on 30 goals. Soudani would be around the same also if he hadn't got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  Final League stats:

If we had more fixtures like Spain, Turkey, Italy etc, El Arabi would probably be on 30 goals. Soudani would be around the same also if he hadn't got injured.
                  El Arabi could get 10+ goals in La Liga (he has done it before in fact), considering his form this season. He is just too good for the league! Soudani is class too. By the way, if the Greek League had 20 teams, you'd have many clubs like Levadiakos, Pas, Apollon Pontou, even Chania! PAOK, Oly and AEK would get lots of 4-0 or 5-0 wins (and I am being kind) and some of the league's best strikers could get hatricks week and week out...Superleague with 20 teams would be a huge mess...

Oliveira did very well in the first half of the season, he was even leading the charts at one point! If he had the support El Arabi had, he would have reached a great tally as well. He sadly got injured in December, when AEK finally replaced Koste with Carrera. He had 9 goals by that point, but he hasn't scored in the league since (he scored against Panetolikos in the Greek Cup quarterfinals). He carried AEK Athens at a stage where there was no creativity, no midfield, no defence, the team was tactically a mess. He still secured some valuable points with his goals and assists and helped us stay near the top at a difficult period.

Remember the game against Olympiacos, where you totally smashed us despite you being tired after a tough CL game in October? Oliveira was the only player in our team who posed a minor threat to your team in this game.

If we manage to buy Araujo in the summer from Las Palmas, having both of them will not be necessary and I see Oliveira moving to La Liga again, as he has resurrected his career at this point. With his immense talent, I won't be surprised if he makes it to the EURO 2021 Portugal squad.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X