Europa League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa League

Seems Aris will be in the quals - they are thrashing Asteras 0-3 as I type this and 5th in the table.

Wasn’t expecting a 3-0 away to Asteras
    Last edited by Amorgos; 02-12-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Europe is money for them and the club smell it.

Comment

Let's hope so. Aris at least have some pedigree and a fan base. I wonder if the Karipidis family will look to invest in the club and bring in some better players if they qualify for Europe

Comment

Originally posted by Soprano76 View Post
          Let's hope so. Aris at least have some pedigree and a fan base. I wonder if the Karipidis family will look to invest in the club and bring in some better players if they qualify for Europe
          A few minor changes to the stadium structure can also give a couple 1000 more seats. This club has potential.

Comment

Definitely. 5th biggest fanbase in greece, great ultra support, nice logo/kits. Let's just hope the owners don't screw it up again.

Comment

They just signed this guy who has plenty of Europa League experience:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Sundgren

Comment

Potential opponents. Going to be epic if they make it through.. for me their best hope is probably playing the winner of Molde and the Serbian team..

Braga (Portugal)

Alaskender (Armenia) or Steaua Bucharest (Romania)

Spartak Moscow

Molde (Norway) or Tsukaritsi (Serbia)

Strasbourg (France) or Maccabi Haifa (Israel)

Comment

Comment

How do you reckon Aris chances?

Comment

They got to get past AEL Limassol, no if’s or buts

Comment

Originally posted by Soprano76 View Post
                        How do you reckon Aris chances?
                        Cypriots will be hard. Perhaps they are slight favourites. Depends on how Aris plays after being away from Europe for so long. If the fans can lift the team enough to hide the team's early weaknesses - Aris can win perhaps. And then - if Aris can build on that scalp - they can soon get back to where they were before all their troubles. Aris have looked weak in the friendlies but I suspect this could be due to players wanting to avoid injuries. Unlike at Olympiacos where every player is fighting to stay at the club, those at Aris probably know they are safe and want to protect their bodies for games that actually matter.

Comment

Aris are something of a fortress at home. They have gone 26 games and counting since the late '60s when they last lost a home game in Europe.

Comment

0-0 with AEL.

They played well, hit the bar twice, but could not crack AEL who are very organised and have some good players.

Hopefully this game makes Aris tougher for the next one.

Comment

Talk about not been able to get a cross in when it matters...

Dominated possession but no penetration

Comment

Working...
                              X