Super League Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super League Games

Must be hard for this group. They've played well in every big game thus far, only to fall short every time. I've lost count, how many times they've conceded late. Against oly, i know they conceded and lost, against aris, they conceded two (one being a penalty) after 85min and lost, against pao they conceded in the 90th min (another penalty), and today against atromitos, they conceded in the 88th min to lose.

Lack of discipline, 30fylopoulous in the backline, final ball missing and scoring efficiency. They need to fix all these issues.

Originally posted by Val View Post
    Must be hard for this group. They've played well in every big game thus far, only to fall short every time. I've lost count, how many times they've conceded late. Against oly, i know they conceded and lost, against aris, they conceded two (one being a penalty) after 85min and lost, against pao they conceded in the 90th min (another penalty), and today against atromitos, they conceded in the 88th min to lose.

Lack of discipline, 30fylopoulous in the backline, final ball missing and scoring efficiency. They need to fix all these issues.
    They picked the wrong season to self destruct with the SYRIZA relegation bonanza in place.

Comment

Kyriakopoulos has signed for Sassuolo in the Serie A. It’s on loan with option to buy. Talented player I hope he does well.

Comment

I am guessing the language in the locker room may be spanish at Asteras..

Comment

they went all out this year with their Spanish speaking recruits

i'm yet to see them this season but apparently they're a good watch

Comment

4-1 victory. Left back. Tasoulis with two goals, one sensational:

Comment

Glad to see Dimoutsos still has his keen sense of football iq that has gotten him this far in his career

Comment

I think Tasoulis' more sensational first goal took more luck than anything, but the ball fell just right and he had enough power on it to beat the keeper. The second goal took a lot more awareness and intelligence, perhaps not as a great, but it gives a better idea of his worth. His time at Panionios seems to have served him well. He has a mind for football. If he wasn't 28 already, I'd have said he has a good future ahead of himself, possibly abroad, but if he continues like this he'll be able to finish off his career at his hometown of Tripoli with distinction.

That Munafo has some shot on him. It's hard to believe he has scored so few before and yet he almost had two against Lamia! Barrales I just noticed was at Lamia last season. It's good to see him back in Tripoli.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                  I think Tasoulis' more sensational first goal took more luck than anything, but the ball fell just right and he had enough power on it to beat the keeper.
                  He scored another copy of the first goal today. Puts huge power behind it again:

https://youtu.be/1vnSXbsH7Nk?t=71

Just so rare for a footballer carrying a Greek passport to be able to keep his shot down from outside the box.

Comment

He's no Seedorf, but he got a good swerve and good power on that. I think the keeper really needed to do better, but then again Tasoulis probably picked up on the fact the keeper wasn't likely to keep a shot of his from distance out. Perhaps it came down to good instincts too or simply a matter of confidence. I haven't seen enough of him to say, but he could be something of a late bloomer finally developing into his own. Before now, I've never really noticed him.

Comment

Dam I thought he was a lot younger, either way, in great form.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                        He's no Seedorf, but he got a good swerve and good power on that. I think the keeper really needed to do better, but then again Tasoulis probably picked up on the fact the keeper wasn't likely to keep a shot of his from distance out. Perhaps it came down to good instincts too or simply a matter of confidence. I haven't seen enough of him to say, but he could be something of a late bloomer finally developing into his own. Before now, I've never really noticed him.
                        Interestly he is a player who was tipped for bigger things when he was younger.

Comment

I see he went to Lens in France while they were still in the second division (they're a club capable of getting promoted), but he couldn't break into the first team.

Comment

The match Panetolikos vs Asteras has a total of 3 greek players starting!!! Panetolikos has 10 foreign outfield players, only their keeper was Greek, Asteras not much better with just Tasoulis the lone Greek outfield player... that's tragic!

Comment

Amorgos Do they still have a non EU player limit in Greece ?? Where do they find all these foreigners ?? ...and are they really that much better than Greeks ??

Comment

Working...
                              X