Apologist and Pro-Turkish US articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will those who write about migrant black sites in Greece report on this?

Muhammet Tanju Poshor, a decorated colonel and the head of operations at the Kosovo Force (KFOR), a NATO-led international peacekeeping force in Kosovo, was detained while on leave of absence in Turkey and brutally tortured for days by Turkish authorities who wanted to extract a false confession.
    The torture was brutal.

Will the New York Times report this? Or are they too busy telling the world Trump thinks America's dead soliders are losers and that Greece dumps migrants at sea (in fact, that's what Turkey is doing).

Comment

Macron's Rhetoric Against Turkey Has Reached Its Limit

Comment

• aek66
        aek66 commented
        Editing a comment
        i've found bloomberg to be firmly in turkey's camp. article infers the 'dispute' is legitimate and france should stop escalating rhetoric.

More CNN trash, but they have since updated it.

Following the mass complaint, at the end of the article, CNN wrote “The headline on this story has been updated” with the new article title being “Greek president visits tiny island at center of eastern Mediterranean dispute, angering Turkey.”
      The CNN interviewer [Nic Robertson... ] asked “coming here in the face of Turkey at a time of tension, is that not also a provocative message?”

In which [the Greek President Katerina] Sakellaropoulou meekly replied “I don’t think a peaceful visit from the president of Greece can be provocative in any way,” without emphasising that a president visiting any part of Greece’s sovereign territory cannot be provocative, especially since it was to celebrate an event.

However, after the interview the publication of the article with the title “Greek president provokes Turkey by visiting tiny island at center of eastern Mediterranean dispute,” a slurry of complaints from Greek social media users against CNN.

Greek social media users not only highlighted that a president visiting any part of their internationally recognised sovereign territory cannot be considered provocative in any way, shape or form, but also highlighted that Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar visited on the same day the Turkish-controlled town of Antifellos (Αντίφελλος, Turkish: Kaş), only a few minutes by boat to Kastellorizo, for no reason.
      For weeks, Greece and Turkey have been facing off in the eastern Mediterranean Sea, raising fears that a dispute between two NATO allies could turn into a

Comment

yes, trashy cnn amended the title of the article. too late. i guess 'tiny island' makes the island insignificant. maybe it's not a greek island and an islet with 34 goats 11 and sheep?

gosh, nic...when the turks threw us into the sea in 1922, why didn't they take these islands too?? it would have solved turkey's 2020 dilemma and there would be no dreaded provocations to report on.

oh, they couldn't? they had no navy? so, they signed a treaty...ah, ok.

now, that treaty doesn't count and they want the islands because they stand in the way of resources?? ok, nic from cnn.

Comment

This Nic fellow is a Brit. Unfortunately he's an editor who helps to shape the news at CNN. Amanpour, their chief international anchor, also did a hatchet job when she interviewed Mitsotakis.

I don't think Greece should grant these British CNN "reporters" anymore interviews.

Comment

More CNN trash, but buried in the middle of the article is this tiny blurb:

The Greek government defends its border policy, suggesting that the Turkish government has orchestrated media reports of pushbacks at sea as part of a disinformation campaign.
            Migrants allege being pushed back to open waters after arriving in Greece, assaulted and cast adrift in flimsy boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
              This Nic fellow is a Brit. Unfortunately he's an editor who helps to shape the news at CNN. Amanpour, their chief international anchor, also did a hatchet job when she interviewed Mitsotakis.

I don't think Greece should grant these British CNN "reporters" anymore interviews.
              She has form..

And it gets worse..

What is most striking in the first two segments of CNN's 'God's Warriors' series is the different way AmanpourpresentsJews and Muslims and their supporters.

Comment

I see a false equivalence being echoed in article after article from you name it. I just saw one on Fox News that at least got the title somewhat right, that it is Turkey who are being confrontational.

Turkey is at a less advantageous position from the standpoint of recognized international law. They know it, hence the reason why they have escalated these tensions into a military standoff as they had no other recourse. They need us to negotiate with them, but we don't have to. From a Greek standpoint, it's better to take the matter to court because Greece is in a better position to win a more favorable outcome. Most of the other countries recognize Greece's rights; however, the Turks are just about alone in their claims. There's no equivalency between their claims and our rights. It's false to claim international law is murky or that there is real legitimacy to Turkish claims because if that was the case, the Turks would have tried pushing us into court, not a negotiating table where we will never meet.

Comment

CNN has really surprised me. Growing up, I always thought CNN was THE place for unbiased news. Since the election, my view has changed. It started with Trump calling them out, which at first, I considered it being sour grapes. The more I listened, the more you can see that they are extremely biased in their views. Most of their questions to interviewees lead to an answer the reporter wants you to make. If it deviates from that, they cut you off and ask it a different way. FOX news is on the other side of spectrum. Not sure what I good news site is but I have been looking at a lot of them and taking the average.

Comment

• Don Giovanni
                    Don Giovanni commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CNN used to be better. I would add that most American news outlets ultimately cover stories from a standpoint approved by the Pentagon and State Department. None of the major news outlets are independent of American foreign policy objectives.

I see too many articles making it out that Turkey and Greece are both to blame for these recent troubles, but the reality is Turkey needs to muddy the waters to stake a better share of the East Med.

As well know, they had to use a military intervention in Libya to prop up the government there and get that deal. They have to threaten invasion of Greek islands. These are the kind of facts that aren't being reported and placed properly into context.

The fact Turkey does this is proof Turkey needs a military conflict or for us to give them territorial rights in these waters through negotiation. If we take them to court, the Turks know we would gain the most. That's why Mitsotakis even says, let's take it to court.

Comment

Originally posted by Brklyngrk View Post
                    CNN has really surprised me. Growing up, I always thought CNN was THE place for unbiased news. Since the election, my view has changed. It started with Trump calling them out, which at first, I considered it being sour grapes. The more I listened, the more you can see that they are extremely biased in their views. Most of their questions to interviewees lead to an answer the reporter wants you to make. If it deviates from that, they cut you off and ask it a different way. FOX news is on the other side of spectrum. Not sure what I good news site is but I have been looking at a lot of them and taking the average.
                    CNN being in the 'middle' was from a long ago time.

it's a 100% activist channel and it's anchors are 100% activists. they will pursue every story out there that presents trump in negative, and present democratic party subjective social themes as 100% objective: the usa is a racist nation, illegal immigrants are innocent immigrants...those that disagree, are deplorables. CNN produces dozens of laughable 'documentaries' that they believe buttress it's political and social positions. fox does the same, but only on it's satellite fox nation channel.

at one time, FOX News was also this way, today, it is much more inclusive, in interviews and reporting during the day. it's wildly popular late night shows are clearly partisan. ask yourself why are they are so popular?

Comment

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/78229575.cms

You may have missed the [Cohen recordings aired on Tucker Tonight]— CNN didn’t cover them, nor did The New York Times — but if you can filter out Carlson’s spin and Fox’s campaign against CNN, they’re still revealing.
                      Zucker made his bones as a wunderkind producer for the “Today” show. He took over NBC’s entertainment group in 2000, as the “Friends” era was ending and reality TV was beginning. The network desperately needed a new kind of hit, and Zucker found it in “The Apprentice” — a corporate boardroom version of “Survivor,” the blockbuster at rival CBS. That show transformed Trump from a local blowhard into a national figure, and laid the groundwork for his presidential campaign.
                      But the story of Trump and Zucker is a kind of Frankenstein tale for the late television age, about a brilliant TV executive who lost control of his creation.
                      When Trump ran for president, Zucker briefly dismissed him as a “sideshow” in an early 2015 email to his political team, according to one of its recipients. But as soon as he saw the ratings his old star could still deliver, he spent 2015 and 2016 turning CNN into a platform for his ambitions. He went so far as to turn the camera to the empty podium before Trump’s rallies, while other presidential candidates seethed and suspected — accurately, it turns out — that the two men maintained a cozy back channel.
                      Preston Beckman, who was NBC’s executive vice president for program planning and scheduling just before Zucker’s ascendancy there, said Zucker’s thirst for ratings blinded him to the damage he was doing by offering saturation Trump coverage.

“He’s a ratings whore — and I’m telling you that as a ratings whore,” Beckman told me. “But it’s one thing to be a ratings whore in prime time but it’s another thing to be a ratings whore when it comes to news.”
                      In speaking to dozens of people who know Zucker over the past few weeks, I heard two distinct theories of what is going on now: One is the current version of CNN — amped up outrage and righteousness — is just Zucker’s latest reflexive adaptation in search of ratings. The other is that Zucker, TV’s Dr. Frankenstein, has been willing to dent his network’s nonpartisan brand in order to kill his runaway monster, Trump.
                      I think another part of it was the Clintons had a lot of pull on CNN from the days when Ted Turner still ran the show. There's that famous off the air comments Larry King made to Bill when he was running way back when about how Ted Turner would be willing to help him out ("no dope," Larry assured Bill). They have a lot of contributors and analysts who were Clinton alumni. When the time came to demonstrate fealty to Hillary, whose candidacy was being treated as a coronation for the presidency, they put Trump's reality TV show to the sword. When that rug got pulled out from under them and Trump won, they had nowhere else to go but continue their offensive. How do you fall back after calling the president and his supporters racists on a daily basis? They had nowhere else to go with the direction of their coverage. Lucky for them it's proven popular enough and they haven't completely fallen on their own sword.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eg2bElMXcAIRuLC.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	12552 it's incessant. the other day, i saw CNN's brianna keilar crying on live tv because of a story about an older couple that died within minutes, holding hands.

the family of the couple made a statement that the older couple had underlying health conditions, but for whomever it matters: they died of covid and just another reminder for nov. 3 of who's fault it really is.

she covered the 2016 race and i never knew how much of a liberal activist she was. i know she's one now - as a t.v. presenter.

Comment

The Law of the Sea is no match for geography, history and politics. To avoid war, Ankara, Athens and others must talk.

Comment

Working...
                          X