Hellas vs Moldova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old AEK combo make it 2-0 for Hellas!

Comment

We could’ve scored more towards the end. I was hoping that we would because I’m sick and tired of Greece only scoring once or twice. I think it’s been since 2013 since we scored more than 2 goals. We have to put our chances away against better opposition otherwise it’s going to be more of the same and we won’t qualify for anything.

I have a feeling that some people on here are secretly hoping the team loses just so Van’t Schip leaves. Am I right? I know the selections aren’t perfect, they never are but any coach we bring in it’s going to be the same no matter what. Who knows if EPO are involved or not. They could be but there’s nothing we can do about it.

I do think we need to perform better and I do think Greece can do better with player selections. Apparently Bakasetas got man of the match. He did do something today for once but he isn’t the greatest footballer. Him getting man of the match makes me think of how bad every player performed today. I think Mantalos scoring redeemed himself. If he didn’t I don’t think he would start again.

To conclude, I’m not entirely happy with what I saw. The team we played against were very bad. They couldn’t hold on to the ball and were very weak in defence. We should’ve punished them more. As I said before we can have all the possession we want but its what we do with it that counts. I’m not entirely convinced yet as we have to put our chances away but a win is a win.

Also to add Kourbelis, Bakasetas and Tzavellas aren’t the answer going forward in my opinion. They hinder Greece’s development especially when we go forward with the ball. Not enough quality on the ball. Tzavellas shouldn’t been even thought of when picking the team.

Comment

I wouldn't want the team to lose, but van't Schip needs to pick players who will help Greece become a better team. Leaving out players like Manolas isn't helpful.

Bakasetas's role with Greece will be defined by performances like these because the dynamic has changed now at his club Alanyaspor since the coach who had signed him left for Fenerbahce. It will be difficult for him to have a repeat of the previous season, so he needs to prove his worth when playing for Greece.

I only saw our goals. Kourbelis did superbly with his pass to find Pavlidis that led to the penalty. Brilliant pass. I thought Bakasetas' pass to Mantalos was even better.

Comment

Bakasetas' though has shown that he has role on this team. Manolas, while a great player, is not the reason we are not scoring more. Would love to see him back on the team but for now, our more pressing issue is in attack. We need to figure out the right back issue, who will replace Bakakis going forward. We need a midfielder that can link play. Galanopoulos may help there with the transition in midfield. We also need a winger that is actually a winger, Mantalos is not the answer there. I think he needs to look at Fetfa/Manolas/Siovas. Let them know what he expects and if they want to play as part of the team, include them.

Comment

Dean97 last thing we need is to have JVS and his team go and go back to square one.

As has been pointed out, there are some issues we can all see and it’s time JVS looks at these but I don’t see it happening. What that means for me... we are ahead of the nightmare years 2015-2019 where we couldn’t beat minnows, what the coaching team need to now focus on is what’s going to make us better against better teams, I’m actually curious now to see how we go against Slovenia and Kosovo after what we saw yesterday.

Against Kosovo, Fortounis has to start, long run, we need a left winger, even a winger in general, Mantalos was horrible on the left yesterday, also need a RB, I didn’t get to see enough of Rota.

Id like to see Lambropoulos Hatzidiakos CB combo

Comment

We should be building around players like Limnios, Pavlidis, Giannoulis, Vlachodimos, Galanopoulos and Hatzidiakos. They should always start when healthy. That’s 6 players who I think have made us look better. We have to make changes to the rest of the 11 in my opinion. I truly believe we can replace Bakakis and Bakasetas. Stafylidis is not good enough as a CB or LB as we all know. These guys won’t take Greece to the next level.

I think Kourbelis is lucky that there isn’t anyone ready to take his spot. He somehow is given a free pass because of it. Zeca and Bouchalakis aren’t going to improve ilia either. Regarding Kourbelis I thought he did very well against Bosnia towards the end of the last year. He ran everywhere and closed down well. Even his passes were better that game. These last few games he has been not effective at all. He played one good ball to Pavlidis for the penalty and that’s all he’s done.

Our performances with the ball have been better but when your failing to put chances away it’s disheartening because against the better sides we will have less of the ball. Something has to change about this.

Comment

Working...
              X