PAO VS OFI AUGUST 31 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAO VS OFI AUGUST 31 2019

Opening match at home, important to win big.

Very bad performance so far....OFI should have scored at least 1. It's looking like the season is over in week 2.

Comment

as a coach donis can be too soft, seems the team has taken on his demeanor

a lot of mistakes but worst, the players seem out of it

i'm yet to see us create a decent chance

how can bouzoukis not play on this PAO? I'm so so sick of donis giving his son a free ride on this team

chatz seems like he wont try until he gets his new deal with his demands

kourbelis is tragic passing the ball, reminds me of simao

Comment

Yup. Not worth my time. I'm done with this crappy football league until we get a new ownership, and playing European football. Take care man.

Comment

Credit to ofi, nice transition play, exposing our problems at the back. Their coach took donis shorts. Manos, who could start on this pao team, took his chances.

We have serious issues at the back. We clearly have no leader in defense. Also Dabizas waiting a month + for rodwell, means no protection in front of the defence other than kourbelis, who can't do it on his own. Once upon a time he had zeca as a running partner..... Mind you, kourbelis rightly so got sent off at the end for going in studs up, so things could get worse in the upcoming games and especially if donis insists on playing a high line. I can understand that most of the league likes to sit behind the ball but perhaps it's time for us to follow suit. We're are not even effective in the final third anyway. We have some new players that will take time to gel together. Until that happens, prob best to play conservatively. I think we can also utilise new signing perea's pace; the only positive today.

Regardless of what happens on the pitch, we will continue to drift into obscurity unless dimitri or equivalent takes over. A lot of boos today. The fans are frustrated and tired of waiting. If we don't see some movement with the votaniko, the pao alive figure won't surpass 1m.

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
            Yup. Not worth my time. I'm done with this crappy football league until we get a new ownership, and playing European football. Take care man.
            I don't blame you and credit to you as you've shown incredible patience.

Comment

What happened? I thought Pana would start off strong especially with the way pre season went. I don’t understand what the problem is with Chatzigiovannis. I thought he would the most loyal player of the team and produce the goods, regardless of contracts. Dosent he know the club is financially incapable at the moment. What are his demands? He should just put his head down and start working. It would be best for him and the team.

I don’t know if I should say it here but Manos is a very good striker to have. There are a few Greek players in the league that can do really well abroad and I believe he is one of them. Technically he is good and has decent pace. He just scores. I see him putting up the numbers Koulouris did last season.

Comment

What's the bid difference from pre-season and now? Emmanualidis who I though was doing well got loaned out, was that the right thing to do? Kampetsis no game time? Bouzoukis only subbed in. Chatigiovannis was never in this match. That Nunes guy is a joke and you have Kolovetsios on the bench.

Credit to OFI who were very good. Manos was very good today

Comment

OFI should be disappointed with this result. They should have scored 5. I understand that clubs need to sign players to create depth and competition but did they really have to sign 3 wingers? All they did was alienate Chatzigiovannis and loan out Emmanouilidis and added unnecessary contracts to PAOs already bleeding books. I don’t want to judge a player on one performance but Nunes was a disaster out there. I would rather have Mavromatis or Kolovetsios in there any day of the week over what I saw from him. One step forward and 3 steps back with this team. It’s very frustrating seeing such incompetence and irresponsible actions when it comes to signing players.

Comment

In my opinion I think it was a wrong decision to let Emmanoulidis go on loan. The guy has talent. He can create something and score aswell. Him and Kampetsis are the future of the Ethniki. You can say the same for Bouzoukis and so on. I was really surprised Pana let Emmanoulidis go.

Kourbelis I think is better at CB. He can’t control the midfield. He is a good ball playing CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                      What happened? I thought Pana would start off strong especially with the way pre season went.
                      Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                      What's the bid difference from pre-season and now?
                      This is what I wrote after the besiktas game:
                      Originally posted by Val View Post
                      Not sure how many of those guys that played for besiktas are starters but we got on the ball and they were happy to sit. This was good test because the majority of the games this season will present similar obstacles.

They exposed us on the break. Donis needs to consider having 1 fullback stay back whilst the other attacks. We also need more protection for the back line. A midfield of donis, zahid and kolovos is not going to provide much resistance. Evidently besiktas second goal has no one closing down the shooter. Kourbelis provided more balance in the 2nd but we need another defensive centre.
                      After the xanthi game:
                      Our defence transition is worrisome. It will cost us points.
                      And finally my thoughts after the lamia game:
                      we made some poor choices regarding the friendlies we choice or agreed to. Against the dutch teams you're going to find a lot of space. Being that we are not playing in europe, every fixture needed to be against sides that sit to better prepare the players. Xanthi was a good selection and i guess you could say the same for both besiktas and gala as both opted for a conservative approach.
                      The warning signs were there. The way donis wants to play and the way you’re forced to play in this league doesn’t bode well for us. It’s an easy gameplan for the opposing manager because our team is naked at the back. We’ve conceded a combined 8 goals in the last 5 games and 6 of those can be attributed to our poor defense transition. We wasted 4 friendlies playing against dutch sides. If we looked good, it’s because they push up and give you space in behind to attack. Problem is, this is unrelated to the likes of lamia, ofi and those to come.

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                      Emmanualidis who I though was doing well got loaned out, was that the right thing to do? Kampetsis no game time? That Nunes guy is a joke and you have Kolovetsios on the bench.
                      Yes and no. Emmanouilidis lost his way in the 2nd half of last season and struggled in pre-season. He can get more playing time now but with him and others leaving, it has disrupted the squad harmony. Remember, he came through the youth ranks playing with the likes of bouzoukis and hatzi. For those that have made the cut for now, I’d say more than a few would be worried about their playing time now that the transfer embargo has been lifted and there’s more competition.

Last season, Kampetsis would get some time off the bench. Perea looked good in the last game so perhaps kampetsis falls in the pecking order. Mind you, there was talk of him going on loan before perea was signed.

Like it or not, kolovetsios is our best CB. Going by his face expressions, nunes wasn’t having much fun. He seemed really disappointed in himself. I actually felt for the guy.

In my opinion I think it was a wrong decision to let Emmanoulidis go on loan. The guy has talent. He can create something and score aswell. Him and Kampetsis are the future of the Ethniki. You can say the same for Bouzoukis and so on. I was really surprised Pana let Emmanoulidis go.
                      Emmanouilidis played as a striker at youth level and did really well. I think that is his position. Donis mainly used him on the right wing but I think he needs to improve on the ball. At this present time, he is better off the ball and getting in behind the backline. He has goals in him but his efficiency started dropping and his misses were affecting his confidence.

Kampetsis is talented but also struggles with confidence. In fact, I’d say, it’s his biggest issue. He is quite good on the ball and has some creative ability. Leading the attack is a big ask for him. I think he doesn’t want that responsibility. He has looked quite good at RW.

Bouzoukis is our biggest hope. For him the focus should be studying film to learn the game and improve his decision making. That and getting stronger, faster, improving stamina.

Kourbelis I think is better at CB. He can’t control the midfield. He is a good ball playing CB.
                      Under ouzo, zeca would cover a lot of ground which made kourbelis job a lot easier. Both struggle technically but together, they ate up midfields for at least 70-75 min. It gave our technical guys a chance to get on the ball and go to work. Kourbelis can still thrive in a pivot but it depends on the opposition and his partner. Last season he had kace who would help him out a bit defensively and get on the ball and help retain it. His absence is already being felt. Especially when you have son donis playing instead. Kourbelis needs to improve his passing. We’ve seen flashes but for the most part, he gives the ball away cheaply. He has experience at CB and he might just be the leader we need, though it leaves a gaping problem in the midfield. The other thing that’s worth mentioning is I read that he is carrying a lingering knock in the lower body. I forget where exactly but it could limit his game time.

Originally posted by Pao4ever View Post
                      OFI should be disappointed with this result. They should have scored 5. I understand that clubs need to sign players to create depth and competition but did they really have to sign 3 wingers? All they did was alienate Chatzigiovannis and loan out Emmanouilidis and added unnecessary contracts to PAOs already bleeding books. I don’t want to judge a player on one performance but Nunes was a disaster out there. I would rather have Mavromatis or Kolovetsios in there any day of the week over what I saw from him. One step forward and 3 steps back with this team. It’s very frustrating seeing such incompetence and irresponsible actions when it comes to signing players.
                      Though early, It seems Donis and Dabizas have somewhat lost the ball. They became consumed with adding depth so we don’t see a repeat of the 2nd half of last season but when you do this you risk disrupting the squad harmony. It’s like gambling away what you have to earn more, though you could end up with less than what you started with. Remember this team had 11 points deducted. They earned 47, 2 shy off 5th place aris. It was prob best to just replace the few that left and sparingly add to the squad. Instead they overloaded in the final third. I think the motivation here was having as many options possible to help break down the majority of the superliga sides that have a defence first mentality. However they didn’t replace the defensive mids that left nor have improved the team in this area. As a result the team struggles to win back the ball. Also with the only obvious option being kourbelis, the team is seriously lacking in depth. Safe to say, dabizas waited too long for rodwell. Not the best of starts, but time will tell whether those recruits were worth the effort. Can’t expect much from FA’s and you could be left with a financial burden. Prob best opting for loans with option to buy.

Comment

From what I’ve seen Bouzoukis decision making is fine. I do agree he needs to work on his speed, strength and stamina. That’s for sure. I like the way he plays and has a terrific shot. If he can improve in what I said than I see him getting signed abroad and taking Fortounis spot on the national team. It’s a big ask but you have to work hard.

I think Emmanoulidis is fine on the wing but I think your right about him being better at striker. I’d like to see Kampetsis develop more that’s for sure. He has all the tools. Strong, fast and technically good. With further development he can shine. I hope for the sake of Greece’s future these players grow and prosper.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to answer all that Val

Comment

Amidst the shocking result and terrible overall performance, Perea was a pleasant surprise albeit his first professional game. Impressed by his strength and speed, though granted it is too early to hype up just yet.

Comment

I had no idea that OFI's coach Simos was a former youth coach at pao. Makes sense why they got staikos, marinakis and mingos. He's worked with all three at youth level, not to mention koutroubis who he'd know from the seniors. Offcourse Samaras who was head of our academy, was let go by alafouzos back in 17 along with the italian strama. Not sure why Samaras felt the wrath as well but anyway he has been at OFI for a year working as the president or director of football. Makes sense why Simos was appointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X