• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa League

Vidi 1
    PAOK 0

Vidi complete the double over PAOK..

Tragic stuff. Funny thing is PAOK was so confident post games because AEK beat Vidi... lol

Comment

PAOK are getting smashed by Chelsea. But they are down to 10 men since 10th minute of the first half. I wonder why Pelkas is on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
        PAOK are getting smashed by Chelsea. But they are down to 10 men since 10th minute of the first half. I wonder why Pelkas is on the bench.
        They don't care about Europe. That is how Vidi thrashed them twice this season. All they want is the Greek Super League.

As for Pelkas, their coach drops him quite often. I wish the NT would do the same.

Comment

Yeah it seems that way. It’s kind of bizarre that he can’t play on the wing for the national team. Maybe he isn’t as talented as I thought he was but I know something is there with him. Especially behind the striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

They don't care about Europe. That is how Vidi thrashed them twice this season. All they want is the Greek Super League.

As for Pelkas, their coach drops him quite often. I wish the NT would do the same.
            I think his best position is as a 10. Same with Fortounis, Ninis, Fetfa, Mantalos etc

Comment

I think his best position is as a 10. Same with Fortounis, Ninis, Fetfa, Mantalos etc
              Yeh but he's not a classic 10 because he doesn't dictate the tempo. The closest the matches this description is fortounis.

The fact that you mentioned all those names above, reminds me of something i wanted to post a couple weeks back regarding the national side and the lack of wingers. Just consider all those guys, not one of them is known for their quickness nor stamina. Then I look at the next kids coming through such as bouzoukis, who is good on the ball and a great distributor though he to lacks pace. Then you have the likes of ninis and fetfa who actually had some pace about them when they first came on the scene, only to quickly lose it. Conclusion: Perhaps for the most part, it is just our nature to produce slow footballers (perhaps we need to move this to the national team thread).

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post

Yeh but he's not a classic 10 because he doesn't dictate the tempo. The closest the matches this description is fortounis.

The fact that you mentioned all those names above, reminds me of something i wanted to post a couple weeks back regarding the national side and the lack of wingers. Just consider all those guys, not one of them is known for their quickness nor stamina. Then I look at the next kids coming through such as bouzoukis, who is good on the ball and a great distributor though he to lacks pace. Then you have the likes of ninis and fetfa who actually had some pace about them when they first came on the scene, only to quickly lose it. Conclusion: Perhaps for the most part, it is just our nature to produce slow footballers (perhaps we need to move this to the national team thread).
                Two points. Bouzoukis imo has the potential to be very important. He has something.

In general I do find Greeks heavy set - def compared to say Spanish. Fastest Greeks I know are Manolas and Xolevas - who is only half Greek. Big shame Fortounis is not faster. Pantos was also quite fast - almost the Greek Sergi Barjuán.

In general, the Greek NT is exceptionally slow. Not just physically, tactically too.

Comment

Yeah we also had Salpingidis and Samaras. Though they weren’t that good on the ball.

Currently, the only one that comes to mind regarding pace in attack is Donis. A winger/striker who likes to take people on and use his pace as an advantage. He lacks the end product though like most of our players.

Comment

Two points. Bouzoukis imo has the potential to be very important. He has something.

In general I do find Greeks heavy set - def compared to say Spanish. Fastest Greeks I know are Manolas and Xolevas - who is only half Greek. Big shame Fortounis is not faster. Pantos was also quite fast - almost the Greek Sergi Barjuán.

In general, the Greek NT is exceptionally slow. Not just physically, tactically too.
                    I've watched him (bouzoukis) a lot. Has the ball on a string and wins a lot of fouls. Arguably may just be our best long passer. I think he needs to improve his decision making. Also the situation at pao means that he plays regardless of how he performs. I've lost count how many times he gives the ball away. Xatzigiovannis did this a couple of times in europe under ouzo and was dropped. If better players come in and expectations increase, this may work against these kids but hopefully by then, these kids have made a name for themselves and as we know, this plays a big role.

I think the Spanish mould is what we need to aim for. I don't know how we get there but it's our athletic ceiling if you get me. Mantalos being linked with EPL clubs...that is not a good move for him where's spain, makes a lot more sense. The only guys that can play EPL are the ones you mentioned, sokratis as well.

Comment

PAOK 1
                      BATE 3

Looked tragic..

Comment

Is it just me....or do PAOK just have a crappy ageing squad of nobodies....Prijovic aside....who the hell have they got that's really any good..

I never rated Canias, Varela, Crespo , Matos and co.....they seem like a very ageing team to me...and please Pelkas is a joke.
                        he looks and plays like an under age footballer..

Comment

Originally posted by RED SHERIFF View Post
                          Is it just me....or do PAOK just have a crappy ageing squad of nobodies....Prijovic aside....who the hell have they got that's really any good..

I never rated Canias, Varela, Crespo , Matos and co.....they seem like a very ageing team to me...and please Pelkas is a joke.
                          he looks and plays like an under age footballer..
                          Actually agree. Pelkas is vastly overrated.
                          I like only two of their players besides Prijovic. Akpom and Jaba. The rest is an ageing band of nobodies. Their keeper also has been terrible this season.

Comment

They have had so much luck go their way but they have something most other Greek teams don’t, a quality striker and that’s making the difference in Greece. Europa really exposed them though

Comment

Well, they atleast now have the same number of league titles...

Comment

Working...
                              X