Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't underestimate the dangers of the virus:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...after-covid-19

The 43-year-old nurse from San Francisco had no underlying health conditions. He normally worked out six or seven times a week. He weighed about 190 pounds. When he spoke with BuzzFeed News on Tuesday, weeks after he'd been able to start eating foods again, he weighed just 140 pounds. His lung capacity is only now starting to slowly come back.
    The week before, the pair had gone to Miami Beach for Winter Party Festival, a circuit party that Hebblethwaite was working at and which drew thousands of people to the area for a week of events. Schultz posted pictures of himself smiling with friends and declared on Instagram he'd had a great time.

But as they danced, the people in attendance were unaware that the coronavirus was also present.

"We knew it was out there," said Schultz. "There were no real restrictions in place, though. No lockdowns. We just thought, Well, we gotta wash our hands more and be wary of touching our face."

At least 38 people who attended Winter Party subsequently became sick. Three men died.

Now that things are opening up again and people are trying to get back to some kind of new normal, be very cautious and make sure to sanitize, to wear a mask, and to keep some physical distancing where reasonably possible.

Comment

• This idea that people are anti-vax because they dont want a rushed vaccine is pardon the pun, batshit crazy.

Now that things are opening up again and people are trying to get back to some kind of new normal, be very cautious and make sure to sanitize, to wear a mask, and to keep some physical distancing where reasonably possible.
      Yeah. I think thats the best way forward. Let people live a bit in the summer, then when it gets to winter there may need to be some more restrictive processes.

Comment

• I feel like there is a false dichotomy being thrown around in this topic. You can blame China AND whichever Western political leader for their shitty response.

Did China cover up information regarding COVID-19? Yes, they absolutely did and they should be punished.

The thing is, every country was at a similar disadvantage regarding info that was (not) coming out of China. What then accounts for the drastically different outcomes in the USA compared to, say, somewhere like South Korea? If anybody had the chance to hear Dr. Richard Bright's testimony in front of Congress last week, you would have a good idea why. The USA is toward the bottom of the world when it comes to cases and deaths per capita, ie when adjusting for population size.

Other points that I had made a few weeks back that I would like to bring up again given certain disagreements others had with me:

1. Hydroxychloroquine is seemingly ineffective for COVID-19 and likely harmful given the risk of cardiac side effects. Remdesivir, however, seems promising and has a similar effect as Tamiflu for influenza.

2. A vaccine is several months away and I am not at all confident that our leadership will be able to mobilize hundreds of millions of doses in a short time period. I would love to be proven wrong on this one though.

3. The prevailing data shows COVID-19 being of zoonotic origin. I don't want to hear discussion of retroviral research at the Wuhan lab in connection with this unless you can prove to me the COVID-19 genome contains retroviral protein sequences (which are not native to coronavirus pathogens and would thus point to a lab-borne origin). The COVID-19 genome is publicly available so this is something that would be known if it were the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soprano76 View Post
          3. The prevailing data shows COVID-19 being of zoonotic origin. I don't want to hear discussion of retroviral research at the Wuhan lab in connection with this unless you can prove to me the COVID-19 genome contains retroviral protein sequences (which are not native to coronavirus pathogens and would thus point to a lab-borne origin). The COVID-19 genome is publicly available so this is something that would be known if it were the case.
          The two are not mutually exclusive. The origin can be completely zoonotic and still be the fault of poor professionalism within a Wuhan lab.

As for the infamous blame game - one should take all figures with a pinch of salt. We will never have reliable figures for how many died from this illness - even in advanced nations the figures have been all over the place. What we do know is that nearly every domestic media outlet has been severely critical of its own government's response - more so than they have been of China causing the problem in the first place.

Swedes saying Sweden got it wrong..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidni...aths-top-1000/

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...gstrom-2020-04

Germans saying Germany got it wrong..

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-la...lth/a-53490366

Belgians appalled at their own nation's response:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9519686.html

Japanese not happy with their Govt..

https://www.dw.com/en/japan-losing-p...nse/a-53133243

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/02/a...ntl/index.html

South Korea!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/w...uth-korea.html

Majority of French believe Macron mishandled pandemic..

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...19-latest-news

UK not happy with its Govt's response..

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...irus-1-6613560

Etc etc etc. First world country, after first world country blaming their own response - far more than China for making sure this thing stopped the world. Inane.

As I stated before very clearly - there is nuance in all things. Blaming Trump - that is fine as long as you blame the democrats more for their hatred of his China ban early on. Imagine if the democrats actually cared for the health of US citizens over virtue signalling and instead stated the China ban was too little and demanded more bans! But blaming Trump and China in the same breath? Insidious. Blanket statements like this actually help the Chinese squirm out of this and we must remember..

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.Aristotle

The only thing anyone should be looking at is deaths per head and this is the only table for that. America beating many first world nations as you would expect.

Tell me what you think Soprano:

Comment

• The best evidence does suggest it's of zootonic origin. Fair enough, but what does that mean? Does that rule out the possibility it jumped from a bat to a chimera and then to humans? Maybe it leaked from the lab after they isolated a more innocuous strain of the virus and then they managed to force the virus to jump from bats to humans somehow through the irresponsible actions of their labs? They were after all injecting little pigs with a similar virus and then they ground down the pigs intestines and then fed those intestines to other little pigs.

I wouldn't put anything past Communist China. The truth is we don't know what goes on in these labs. We're talking about a country that has gene edited human babies. China is not a friendly country intent on helping the world out of the kindness of their heart. This is a country obsessed with becoming number one and propagating a positive image of their evil totalitarian government. They'll do anything to achieve it, even if that means cutting a few corners ethically speaking.

On top of that, reports out of Australia and other countries, from the international intelligence community, not just the US, are saying it leaked from a Chinese lab and that China is covering this up. This isn't a Trump invented talking point.

There's a difference in saying Trump should be investigated for the umpteenth time, like the boy who cried wolf, and then to suggest Trump is deflecting blame on to China and that this didn't originate in a Chinese lab. You're free to write what you want. I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't discuss, but don't go crying about a false dichotomy when you make those points and then lecture us we need to provide evidence when China is blocking investigations into the origins of the virus.

Also, I don't know how you can say hydroxychloroquine is ineffective. I would agree it's not the cure to end all cures, but there are people who have sworn by it and who go so far as to suggest it saved their life. There are medical professionals who claim it works.

If you want to tout that VA study like you did before, maybe you should read this because that study you touted was very flawed:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-ste...irus-treatment

"I've no idea why [University of Virginia School of Medicine opthamology professor Dr. Jayakrishna Ambati] delved into this study, which isn't a study. It's a sham," Smith said. "I can't believe anyone took this seriously. There's not one dosage listed, cumulative or daily, of hydroxychloriquine or anthromicin. And people call this a study."
            "Not one person in that paper saw one COVID patient. Only three are MDs [and] all [those] are ophthalmology trained," Smith said of the research. "It's a sham. It's a shame on UVA. I sent an email to the dean of the medical school at UVA. I have not heard back from them. It is an embarrassment that UVA allows this thing to be called a study."
            Also here is a real study touting it's effectiveness against a fairly similar virus. Ironically it's from Dr. Fauci's institute.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

These data clearly show that addition of chloroquine can effectively reduce the establishment of infection and spread of SARS-CoV if the drug is added immediately following virus adsorption.
            That was back in 2005. This study showed it was effective against SARS. Since this drug was shown to be effective against the spread of SARS-Cov, then what are the odds it will work fairly reliably against SARS-Cov-2? At the end of the day it may actually be saving lives.

Just because Donald Trump touts it, doesn't make it evil and bad.

Comment

• It amazes me to know end that some people put the whole Wuhan virus at the feet of Trump, or any Western leader for that matter, equally with that of the CCP. It's not a false choice, the PREDOMINANT blame for the spread and chaos lies at the feet of the CCP. I understand that some people, especially leftists dislike and loathe the current occupant of the White House, but to equate him and his response to this virus to the actions of the CCP, who forcibly indoctrinate hundreds of thousands of Uyghurs and other ethnic minority groups into slave labor camps all because they practice their religion, is DISINGENUOUS.. And whats a little organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners, compared to bad orange man in White House who is equally to blame for the virus spread with the aforementioned Human Rights Abusers. The CCP cut off Hubei province off from spreading the virus to the rest of China on Jan. 23 but didn't cut it off from the rest of the world, but, but, bad Xenophobe
              in White House equally to blame for putting travel ban a week later ​​​​​ The CCP could've PREVENTED 95% percent of the virus spread early in January, but what did it do, silenced it's own doctors who were raising concerns on social media not to mention the disappearance of whistleblowers around the same time period, but, but again Trump.

Me thinks,if Obama was in the White House, the media would've circled the wagons to put the blame largely on the CCP and rightly so. There would've been calls for boycotts of Chinese goods, international Chinese sanctions, immediate inclusion of Taiwan in WHO, but if a certain person, who shall go nameless , calls for any of these action, it's a DISTRACTION from his own failings. Geez , you'd think the guy put Covid positive seniors back into elderly care homes, while pulling his own mother away from them at the same time

Last edited by LoneHorseman; 05-21-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Who said I was blaming Trump and China equally? I just said they are both at fault based on my knowledge. I would also put some blame on people like de Blasio, Cuomo, de Santis, Kemp and many others in the USA.

I can entertain he possibility that COVID19 was a zoonotic virus being studied in the Wuhan lab that subsequently leaked out due to poor containment practices at the lab. Now, I would still consider that unlikely but still possible.

Reaper, that graph you showed me pretty clearly illustrates my point. We have the 12th highest number of deaths per capita, and that is without the significant # of people who were not counted in the death tolls. The real # of deaths is likely in the 120k range and we still probably pass up several more countries as our deaths out-pace theirs. No country's response was perfect, but ours was definitely towards the bottom. As for your video, yeah, I thought the women's march in Spain a couple of months ago was ridiculous as hell and not a good example of social distancing. Pelosi and other NY politicians definitely chose a poor choice of words in those respective interviews, but they don't control the airports, CDC/NIH nor do they have the breadth of intelligence briefings that DT does!

HCQ doesn't work for COVID. There have been several studies showing this at this point. The hospital system I am associated with (one of the most premier in the USA) has stopped using HCQ for COVID patients altogether.

LoneHorseman, I am quite sure if someone like Obama, Romney or Pence were president, we would not have almost 100k confirmed COVID-19 deaths by this point.
                Last edited by Soprano76; 05-22-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soprano76 View Post
                  Who said I was blaming Trump and China equally? I just said they are both at fault based on my knowledge. I would also put some blame on people like de Blasio, Cuomo, de Santis, Kemp and many others in the USA.
                  So lets just clear this up once and for all. Make a list in order of blame for US deaths due to Coronavirus.

Or explain why this one is wrong:

China - CCP

WHO - legitimising China's lies and aiding the global spread.

Democrats creating an environment of race baiting, underestimating the virus and undermining the China ban at a key moment - then going 180 and claiming not enough was done.

Trump

Reaper, that graph you showed me pretty clearly illustrates my point. We have the 12th highest number of deaths per capita, and that is without the significant # of people who were not counted in the death tolls.
                  I included that in my argumentation. All nations have understated the amount of deaths either due to lack of tests available, inefficient collating systems or political reasons. So no, the US sits about right for a 1st world nation to claim otherwise would be insidious..
                  1000s have died in the UK who received no test - prior or after and did not make it onto the stats. This is mirrored in most other nations too. What is the most impressive about the US/Trump's response is that the US has outperformed nations with free to use public health and if it wasn't for the left wing mayor of New York and their policies - I suspect the US would be even further ahead.

LoneHorseman, I am quite sure if someone like Obama, Romney or Pence were president, we would not have almost 100k confirmed COVID-19 deaths by this point.

Explain.

You ask us so many questions, let me ask you one a second time, what do you make of this video:

Comment

• This was posted on Yahoo:

Hydroxychloroquine shows no virus benefit, raises death risk: study

https://news.yahoo.com/hydroxychloro...144240073.html

I saw the comments section. It's comment after comment about how this study is flawed and makes little sense.

One comment read:

DS3 hours ago
                    Read the study instead of taking a reporters opinion: it was Observational, retrospective, non-randomized, without criteria for treatment. Translation: worthless. BTW I’m an MD who has run a research department.
                    A lot of comments made the point that this drug needs to be taken early, before the inflammation really sets in, and that you need to take it with zinc. What they're saying does make sense.

Comment

• China open to an international investigation into the origins of the virus:

https://www.afp.com/en/news/3954/chi...ar-doc-1s64rn4

About time.

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/asia/...hnk/index.html

Chinese officials previously described Canberra's proposal as "highly irresponsible," and accused Australian officials of undermining global efforts against the virus. But when Xi addressed the annual meeting of WHO members, he took a more conciliatory tone: of course China was willing to support an investigation into the virus -- once the pandemic is over.
                        In my previous post, I spoke too soon. We will not see an investigation for sometime. We have no good reason to believe a proper investigation will be conducted. China is clearly paranoid of a political persecution, but it's pretty evident China has much to hide as well.

In this, he was playing the long game, providing China's government multiple ways of avoiding any potential future fallout from a coronavirus investigation.
                        https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/20...ndemic-origin/

Beijing’s influence within the organization means the results of a review into the origins of the coronavirus are likely to be delayed—and compromised.
                        Only Chinese officials possess the bureaucratic knowledge and coercive power required to meaningfully investigate the possibilities, such as a covered-up biosafety accident or deliberate delays by the local authorities seeking to protect themselves. That’s why even Russia—an ally of China—backed the call for a WHO investigation: Moscow is confident that the odds of the organization producing a result unfavorable to Beijing are low.

Meanwhile, the Trump administration has effectively abandoned any possible U.S. leverage with WHO by cutting funding. On Wednesday, President Donald Trump accused China of blaming “anyone but itself” for the coronavirus. The blatant domestic politicization of the crisis—by a president who is desperate to evade responsibility for the world’s worst outbreak—leaves U.S. government calls for accountability as lacking in credibility as China’s.
                        Maybe if the US government didn't lack so much credibility after lying about Assad's chemical use, Saddam's WMDs, and actually treated Assange more humanely, we'd get a whistle blower, a Snowden.

And there is good reason to believe the source of the outbreak was the lab in Wuhan:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pert-says.html

the idea that it originated in December sometime, usually late December, in this market, simply doesn't stack up.

'The only other plausible explanation was that it was a leak from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.'

The hypothesis came from Chinese scientists themselves and was all over the internet before disappearing, Professor Hamilton said.

Internet uses all over China had even searched for the woman thought to be patient zero - who worked at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and 'seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet', he said.
                        The wet market is located not far from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the only level four biosecurity laboratory lab in China.

The lab researched a range of bat coronaviruses including by engineering them, Professor Hamilton said.
                        The short paper from February 6 was written by scientists Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao, both from Wuhan universities, and was called 'The possible origins of the 2019-nCoV coronavirus'.

The paper noted the bats that carry the suspected virus live in habitat 900km from the seafood market, the bats are not eaten by Wuhan residents, and that 'no bat was traded in the market'.
                        An analysis of private cellphone location data has also allegedly shown that the Wuhan Institute of Virology shut down from October 7 to October 24, and this may indicate a 'hazardous event' sometime between October 6 and October 11.

US spy agencies are reviewing the document.
                        Soprano76

This is for you:

US-based pathologist Chris Martenson said a suspicious sequence of nucleotides in the RNA coding of the Sars-Cov-2 coronavirus appear to have been inserted as they do not occur in any of the close or even distantly related viruses.

Even more suspicious, the nucleotide sequence appears right at a point in the RNA sequence called a furin cleavage site, a place where the enzyme furin can precisely cut proteins, he said.

'None of the closest (viral) or even distant relatives have this site,' he said in a YouTube analysis.

'Those that do only have 40 percent of the same genome.'

Dr Martenson explained on his Peak Prosperity YouTube channel that the insert is not likely to be the result of a natural mutation as mutations usually change by one random nucleotide at a time, not the sudden appearance of a whole new sequence.
                        Until we look at what really goes and what has gone in this lab (as well as other labs) we will not know the truth. A lot of evidence points to that infernal lab.

Comment

• Sky News Australia: https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6158843835001

EXCLUSIVE: Flinders University Professor Nikolai Petrovsky has completed a scientific study, currently undergoing peer review, in conjunction with La Trobe University in Victoria, which found COVID-19 was uniquely adapted for transmission to humans, far more than any other animal, including bats.
                          The professor's findings are unusual. How this virus made the jump to humans remains a mystery, but the professor hinted rather strongly that it may have originated in a Petri dish.

Comment

• Wuhan virus lab was signed off by EU Brexit chief Michel Barnier in 2004 - despite French intelligence warnings that China's poor bio-security reputation could lead to a catastrophic leak

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-warnings.html

strong opposition from French diplomatic and security advisers, who argued that the Chinese reputation for poor bio-security could lead to a catastrophic leak.

They also warned that Paris could lose control of the project, and even suggested that Beijing could harness the technology to make biowarfare weapons.

Eleven years later, as the laboratory prepared to open, the French architects of the project complained that they had, as feared, been ousted by the Chinese communist government.

Comment

• Typical EU fanatics..

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X