Friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
    2-1 win, great first half, ordinary second, I thought the line up in first half showed so much promise, most of the guys that came on in the second half showed why they are not good enough

http://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2020...ce-vs.html?m=1
    My thoughts exactly.

Comment

We also have 2 friendlies against Belgium and Turkey in June.

https://www.sportime.gr/podosfairo/e...dinata-filika/

Comment

Honduras at home on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
          Honduras at home on Sunday.
          It’s on at a rough time here in Australia but I’ll try and watch it. I want to see Androutsos, Mavropanos, Alexandropoulos and Douvikas be given a good run. I’m hoping they would impress and actually play against Georgia.

Comment

Pre match press conference:

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post

It’s on at a rough time here in Australia but I’ll try and watch it. I want to see Androutsos, Mavropanos, Alexandropoulos and Douvikas be given a good run. I’m hoping they would impress and actually play against Georgia.
              If you have Optus sport you can view it when you wake up without seen the score, it’s what I’m gona do

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post

If you have Optus sport you can view it when you wake up without seen the score, it’s what I’m gona do
                Yeah I was going to do that but now I have to work early in the morning, so I’ll watch the replay later in the afternoon.

Comment

Fascinating game at half time. First the good.

Tzolis should have a hattrick. Always in the right place - he has missed absolute sitters today. If he was a little calmer today, he could be approaching our top ten NT scorers of all time. He only needs 14 goals to break into the top 10.

Fortounis is loving it out there - gave the assist, always looking to create - our best player.

Mandalos looks better playing deeper.

Mavropanos looks very professional.

The not so good..

Siopis has no guile - no final ball.
                  Mavrias has no final ball - panics and boots the ball out.
                  Svarnas is a massive massive liability and was part of their goal. As a result I suspect him to be our future captain as some low IQed Greek journalist suddenly discovers despite him costing us games - he has "Tsabouka."

Comment

FT 2-1.

Some thoughts. It was a waste of time bringing Mavrias and Limnios to the Greek squad. Most Limnios's passes were backwards. He had a disinterested petulant look. He was never going to score or assist unlike a Ninis or a Fetfatzidis. Hopefully this is the last time we see him until he starts playing club football again. Mavrias - first instinct is usually to pass backwards. Loses the ball a lot, a liability. He should not have been playing, Androutsos or Masouras should have had his minutes.

Svarnas is dangerous junk - just like Bakakis.

Mavropanos looked decent - needs a professional next to him though.

Siopis - many times he was in space with players ahead of him in space but his first instinct is to pass backwards and then point where the ball should go to the player he just passed backwards to. Nasty old school Greek NT habit from the days of Katsouranis.

Alexandropoulos looked good. He actually puts his foot on the ball and looks up to pass forward. I get the hype with this guy.

Mandalos looked far better playing deeper. He doesn't have the speed or form to play higher up any more.

Fortounis was a beast - MOM for me.

Masouras provided an assist - he is a useful player unlike Limnios.

Tzolis missed easy chances first half, he should have had a hattrick. He is always in the right place to score. He should have stayed on the pitch.

Not much else of any interest. Bakasetas came on and gave the ball away nonstop - under no pressure. He came on late. Had he come on earlier I could imagine the score being 2-2. We clearly went a man down when he came on.

Pavlidis was clinical. On that note - historically Greece has suffered not having prolific goal scorers. To break into the top 10 Greek NT goal scorers you only need 14 goals. Tziolis could have easily had a hattrick today which would would put him on 4 goals. Pavlidis is now on 3. Clearly VS judging by his lineups does not favour goals as much as he does team spirit etc etc but it seems obvious to me to play Tzolis every single game he is fit for - he is an absolute beast and could easily become our leading NT goal scorer of all time setting a new bar. Fortounis too - he has far more goals around him and assists than Bakasetas. It is absurd Bakasetas has his position.

Final thoughts - it has been refreshing not to have see Zeka/Bouxa/Kourbelis today in the midfield. The Greek midfield and defense is still passing backwards on instinct at times when we have forwards and wingers begging for the ball higher up the pitch - VS has not been able to fix this. Alexandropoulos is already superior to most our CMs. Like with anyone with that potential, VS said he still has a lot to learn etc etc.. but this player may be able to change our negative style. He is not panicked like Kourbelis and Zeka - he has the skill to buy himself time on the ball. Players like Mavrias, Limnios, Bakakis and Svarnas should not have been called up - they took minutes from more effective players.

Comment

Fascinating game at half time. First the good.
                      Siopis has no guile - no final ball.
                      TBH, I think he has done ok and is a great pit bull to have out there.

The rest is spot on
                      Last edited by Amorgos; 03-28-2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

FT 2-1.

Some thoughts. It was a waste of time bringing Mavrias and Limnios to the Greek squad. Most Limnios's passes were backwards. He had a disinterested petulant look. He was never going to score or assist unlike a Ninis or a Fetfatzidis. Hopefully this is the last time we see him until he starts playing club football again. Mavrias - first instinct is usually to pass backwards. Loses the ball a lot, a liability. He should not have been playing, Androutsos or Masouras should have had his minutes.

Sadly Limnios has really fallen off from where he was and that made us dangerous. He looks a shadow of the player he used to be for us. Playing Mavrias is also a waste of the RB position... Svarnas shouldn't be there, simple as that, JVS needs to fix this

Comment

A good analysis of the game and what team to expect vs Georgia.

https://m.sport24.gr/opinions/o-tsar...a.9184687.html

It seems we are stuck with both Bakasetas and Tzavellas in the 11 no matter what for this qual campaign like the last one. Therefore, judging by today, VS will be debating how to fit Masouras, Tzolis, Fortounis etc around Bakasetas

Comment

From what I saw we played well. The score could’ve been a 6-2 win for us. It was such a breath of fresh air to not see Zeca-Kourbelis-Bouchalakis in midfield. I want to see Mantalos and Siopis in midfield again. Mantalos is WAY better deeper in midfield like we all have said that he would be. This game showed why Bakasetas isn’t needed in the team. Fortounis and Mantalos are way more superior than he is. When Bakasetas came on all he did was give the ball way, as usual.

I really thought Siopis did well. He makes a lot of runs in different areas on the field when we have the ball. He sharp, quick and a very good tackler. Only problem for me is that he’s a bit too short. But that shouldn’t stop him from starting again. Good performance.

Alexandropoulos and Douvikas have huge promise. I really like both these guys. Douvikas gives us something different upfront. I’ve
                            been saying this for a while, Alexandropoulos is better than Kourbelis. He’s faster, better passer and all round better footballer. He has skill aswell. Very happy to see him play. As Reaper said he’s already more superior than all our other CMs.

Pavlidis played very well and was clinical. He did well in that 2nd striker role. Giakoumakis touches have improved. Was giving clever passes too. Tzolis should be starting from now on. He is a beast. He could’ve scored a hat trick. I want to see him start next game. Fortounis played well too.

We are wasting spots on Mavrias and Svarnas. Hatzidiakos or Manolas should be next to Mavropanos.

To be honest we should see this line up again. But with Tsimikas starting at LB and Androutsos at RB with Papadopoulos to replace Svarnas.

I also like Kyriakopoulos. I don’t think he should be LB. He seems more of a midfielder or defensive midfielder. He’s got something special in my opinion. Dioudis seems like he’s better with his feet than Vlachodimos.

I’m surprised we didn’t one of my favourites such as Androutsos. I’m hoping he’s starting at RB. We saw Bakakis and Mavrias have full 90 minute games. I think it’s Androutsos turn now.

Going forward I want to see Mantalos deeper at CM. Tzolis starting on the left wing. Both Pavlidis and Giakoumakis starting like they did in this game. Siopis and Alexandropoulos as our first choices to start at midfield. As I said this game showed that Bakasetas isn’t needed in the team.

I was very happy to see Zagorakis the new EPO president in the stands watching on.

Comment

FT 2-1.

Mavropanos looked decent - needs a professional next to him though.

Siopis - many times he was in space with players ahead of him in space but his first instinct is to pass backwards and then point where the ball should go to the player he just passed backwards to. Nasty old school Greek NT habit from the days of Katsouranis.

Alexandropoulos looked good. He actually puts his foot on the ball and looks up to pass forward. I get the hype with this guy.

Mandalos looked far better playing deeper. He doesn't have the speed or form to play higher up any more.

Fortounis was a beast - MOM for me.

Masouras provided an assist - he is a useful player unlike Limnios.

Tzolis missed easy chances first half, he should have had a hattrick. He is always in the right place to score. He should have stayed on the pitch.

Not much else of any interest. Bakasetas came on and gave the ball away nonstop - under no pressure. He came on late. Had he come on earlier I could imagine the score being 2-2. We clearly went a man down when he came on.

Pavlidis was clinical. On that note - historically Greece has suffered not having prolific goal scorers. To break into the top 10 Greek NT goal scorers you only need 14 goals. Tziolis could have easily had a hattrick today which would would put him on 4 goals. Pavlidis is now on 3. Clearly VS judging by his lineups does not favour goals as much as he does team spirit etc etc but it seems obvious to me to play Tzolis every single game he is fit for - he is an absolute beast and could easily become our leading NT goal scorer of all time setting a new bar. Fortounis too - he has far more goals around him and assists than Bakasetas. It is absurd Bakasetas has his position.

Final thoughts - it has been refreshing not to have see Zeka/Bouxa/Kourbelis today in the midfield. The Greek midfield and defense is still passing backwards on instinct at times when we have forwards and wingers begging for the ball higher up the pitch - VS has not been able to fix this. Alexandropoulos is already superior to most our CMs. Like with anyone with that potential, VS said he still has a lot to learn etc etc.. but this player may be able to change our negative style. He is not panicked like Kourbelis and Zeka - he has the skill to buy himself time on the ball. Players like Mavrias, Limnios, Bakakis and Svarnas should not have been called up - they took minutes from more effective players.
                              Superb post. I agreed with everything you said apart from the Siopis comment. I thought Siopis looked good in this game. Runs everywhere when defending. Also makes runs in wide areas when we have the ball. You don’t see that from Zeca or Kourbelis. He also looks better on the ball. I actually thought Mantalos was very good. A contender for man of the match for me in my opinion. Pavlidis seems the most composed finisher we have at the moment. He played really good aswell. I told you about Alexandropoulos.

Also one of our favourites Douvikas almost scored on debut.

Comment

Good game, would have been a great game if we finished a few more of our chances. Siopis impressed, he even had that nice long pass to Fortounis on the opening goal. The CB pairing needs work, I know Mavropanos has impressed in Germany but today they both looked shaky. This next game we will see if Tzavellas will be exposed in a more open game.

I wonder if he kept Androutsos out so he can play Wed. Based on who played the entire/most of the game, we should not be expecting Mantalos/Mavrias/Siopis/Mavropanos/Svarnas to play much ( I am ok with that).

Comment

Working...
                                X