Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if the Jeff Bezos' bloggers say so then it's not a conspiracy theory anymore. Will Twitter ban them too?

Comment

• A big shout and congratulations to our government in Greece and the people who heeded the warnings:

How Greece flattened the coronavirus curve

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...191043404.html

Greeks quickly put their revolutionary spirit aside, however, and largely heeded government advice to remain indoors. The result has been a remarkably low number of deaths - 81 by Tuesday, compared to more than 17,000 in neighbouring Italy. Even adjusted for population sizes, Italy's fatality rate is almost 40 times greater.

Compared with other European Union members, too, Greece has fared better. Its fatalities are far lower than in Belgium (2,035) or the Netherlands (1,867), which have similar populations, but a much higher gross domestic product (GDP).
      The only part of the lockdown I don't agree with is the requirement of a paper to go out, but overall a lot of credit belongs to the people who heeded the warnings and had the sense to stay home. That's the real reason for our relative success. I think when people saw what was happening in Italy it really hit home for many about the seriousness of the pandemic, something not mentioned in the article. We were a bit behind Italy and as I recall our first few cases originated with people who had traveled from Italy.

Comment

• thoughts .... ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUvWaxuurzQ

Comment

• I think he's right in suggesting we can't rely on models and he's right to suggest our reaction to it is probably being exaggerated.

Comment

• Latest tidbits:
            • A group of Republican senators are looking at investigating WHO and allege WHO may be covering for China. I don't believe that to be the case, but WHO has been led by some politically naive people who lean too far left and they have played too much into China's favor, leading to that appearance of covering for the Chinese.
            • The US and UK aren't discounting the possibility the virus either originated or escaped from isolation in a Chinese lab. There is a suspicion growing that China may have deliberately unleashed this virus pandemic to weaken the West. I suspect it came from a lab and was released accidentally. If China is caught lying that it came from their lab, it will look deliberate. If they come clean and allow for a proper investigation, it could be played up as an accident if indeed it came from a lab. In my opinion, we need to investigate the origins of the virus to settle these fears once and for all. We simply can't afford to let China get away with lying about it, if that's the case. If they refuse, we have to begin thinking in terms of this being a deliberate attempt to weaken the West.
            • The US is now ignoring the models from WHO and the CDC. They're not reliable.
            • Trump is practically declaring himself a king and that he has "total" authority. The man can be ignorant and is advised by people who like the torture the meaning of his office. But before anyone says he's overstepping his boundaries, however, be mindful that Abe Lincoln and FDR were no better. Trump's argument is that he's trying to avert a depression. I don't think the Democrat governors like Cuomo and Newsom are going to play politics with people's living standards by deliberating preventing the economy from restarting and forcing in effect a depression to help oust President Trump. They're taking the proper precautions to save people's lives in my opinion. I think it's up to the states to decide what's best and the president would be over stepping his authority to do otherwise. The president has to accept that and find other ways to help improve the economy.
            • George Soros wants free money for all. He's always looking for a way to play the part of the messiah and make a profit while doing it. He's wrong, the economy needs to stay relatively open and people simply need to take proper precautions (like wearing masks, keeping their distances in public, and keeping good hygiene). The reality is they need to keep working while keeping themselves as protected as possible. A shutdown with everyone on welfare will be a disaster. They need free masks, not free money.
            Last edited by Don Giovanni; 04-15-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Hardcore apology for Chinese wet markets by CNN:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/14/a...hnk/index.html

Comment

• that lab in wuhan theory is gaining steam

Comment

• Fox News: Sources believe coronavirus originated in Wuhan lab as part of China's efforts to compete with US

EXCLUSIVE: There is increasing confidence that COVID-19 likely originated in a Wuhan laboratory not as a bioweapon, but as part of China's effort to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States, multiple sources who have been briefed on the details of early actions by China's government and seen relevant materials tell Fox News.

The sources believe the initial transmission of the virus was bat-to-human, and that "patient zero" worked at the laboratory, then went into the population in Wuhan.

The “increasing confidence” comes from classified and open-source documents and evidence, the sources said. Fox News has requested to see the evidence directly.
                  Documents detail early efforts by doctors at the lab and early efforts at containment. The Wuhan wet market initially identified as a possible point of origin never sold bats, and the sources tell Fox News that blaming the wet market was an effort by China to deflect blame from the laboratory, along with the country's propaganda efforts targeting the U.S. and Italy.
                  (emphasis mine)

BTW, outlets like ZeroHedge had been reporting this from over a month ago, but Twitter decided to ban their account. Many of us have been saying that companies like Twitter are effectively carrying out Chinese-style censorship. It increasingly looks that way now.

Comment

• i was wondering what would happen to these folks

LEFTA
                    California will be the first state to give cash to immigrants living in the country illegally who are hurt by the coronavirus, offering $500 apiece to...

Comment

• Originally posted by tantra View Post
                      that lab in wuhan theory is gaining steam

Yes. And it will never be provable which suits China.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Yes. And it will never be provable which suits China.
                        the best thing i have experienced in this presidency is how Trump says Chiiiiiiinah!

Comment

• It can be proven, it's just a matter of getting them to cooperate to an investigation. If they refuse, we will have to assume this came from a lab and suspect that at some level they are deliberately using this virus to destabilize the West. And I don't mean necessarily that they leaked this virus on purpose, but perhaps they allowed the spread so that they didn't suffer the pandemic alone, like this author suggests:

https://thediplomat.com/2020/04/did-...ken-the-world/

Beyond these, there was a darker dimension: the more Beijing cooperated, the less the disease stood to affect other countries. This includes countries China sees as a threat to its existence, like the United States. Why should China suffer the effects of a pandemic while others stayed safe — and increased their strength relative to China — based on China’s own costly experience?
                          I'm inclined to believe they kept a lot of people in the dark in fear that it may lead to panic and people in Wuhan leaving, thus spreading the disease more rapidly, which is why the WHO is mostly praising these efforts, although that doesn't excuse a lot of the naivete coming from the WHO. In my opinion, I think the lab scientists made a lot of mistakes and to make matters worse, they were the ones who advised that disease is not transmitted human-to-human. Rather than listening to the doctors, the Communist leadership in China listened to these lab scientists who had been researching the disease and knew much more about it.

Right now, China either needs to admit this came from a lab or submit themselves to investigation. If this came from a lab, which I strongly believe to be the case, they'll have to pay a price and that price will be heavier the more they fight the truth.

Comment

• Chiiiiiiinah
                            A plausible, if unproven, theory is that the coronavirus had natural origins but leaked accidentally from the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                              It can be proven, it's just a matter of getting them to cooperate to an investigation. If they refuse, we will have to assume this came from a lab and suspect that at some level they are deliberately using this virus to destabilize the West. And I don't mean necessarily that they leaked this virus on purpose, but perhaps they allowed the spread so that they didn't suffer the pandemic alone, like this author suggests:

I'm inclined to believe they kept a lot of people in the dark in fear that it may lead to panic and people in Wuhan leaving, thus spreading the disease more rapidly, which is why the WHO is mostly praising these efforts, although that doesn't excuse a lot of the naivete coming from the WHO. In my opinion, I think the lab scientists made a lot of mistakes and to make matters worse, they were the ones who advised that disease is not transmitted human-to-human. Rather than listening to the doctors, the Communist leadership in China listened to these lab scientists who had been researching the disease and knew much more about it.

Right now, China either needs to admit this came from a lab or submit themselves to investigation. If this came from a lab, which I strongly believe to be the case, they'll have to pay a price and that price will be heavier the more they fight the truth.
                              war?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                                It can be proven, it's just a matter of getting them to cooperate to an investigation. If they refuse, we will have to assume this came from a lab and suspect that at some level they are deliberately using this virus to destabilize the West. And I don't mean necessarily that they leaked this virus on purpose, but perhaps they allowed the spread so that they didn't suffer the pandemic alone, like this author suggests:

But in the real word none of this will happen.

You see the democrats, Left and Centre Left, EU, UN, WHO etc already bat for Beijing. The wet markets approach - where Sars and other coronavirus emerged was doable - just. Covid-19 is unaltered from the genetic makeup found in the same disease in bats. Bats and other animals are all lumped together across Chinese wet markets. The lab theory will be dismissed by China and the media in China and outside. It simply muddied the waters and that suits China. The soviets were masters of disinformation - they even invented the word. The lab theory will get lost sooner or later and the wet markets attacks will be weaker for the lab theory theory having divided the attack in half. The beauty of the wet markets is that they are key to the CCP. China doesn't need them but the CCP will do anything not to close them due to Western pressure because they represent the CCP's strength. Brazil has the same issue with the rain forest. Left, right - whatever leader is in charge of Brazil - the rain forest will be continually reduced as it has been previously because culturally - the right to chop it down is as important to Brazilian leaders as the wet markets are to the CCP. Brazil feels any foreign power meddling in the rain forest affects its sovereignty and the CCP feel the same way about the wet markets they championed and developed in the 70s. The world forcing the CCP to shut down its wet markets would have been a massive coup for the West. The lab theory has now made that coup almost impossible as the West is now divided between two origin theories in a Western media already pro CCP.

Comment

Working...
                                X