Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean97
    replied
    Fountas would be a great option for the national team. Had a man of the match performance with DC United in America. Scored 2 goals and 1 assist. Can play anywhere in the attack. Even though he’s playing in the US he still deserves a shot for Greece. He was doing the same in Austria so he should get a chance.

https://youtu.be/ZoMGARo3zto

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied
    Originally posted by Reaper View Post
    Ninis, Fetfa, Pelkas, Mantalos - even Pavlidis are better 10s than Bakasetas.

Only real option is to sack him. Even if by some miracle we ever qualify for a tournament under VS, we will be raped like Skopia and Turkey were this Euros.
    I agree but how likely will it be if one of those guys start over Bakasetas? I can’t see it happening. If he starts him again then I’d want JVS sacked. No more chances.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Ninis, Fetfa, Pelkas, Mantalos - even Pavlidis are better 10s than Bakasetas.

Only real option is to sack him. Even if by some miracle we ever qualify for a tournament under VS, we will be raped like Skopia and Turkey were this Euros.

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied
    Fortounis will now be out against Sweden after the injury he sustained in a friendly with a Olympiakos. Would’ve preferred him over Bakasetas. Now Bakasetas is in a good position to start. We might aswell sack JVS and continue the process of rebuilding the team. I can’t see any way that Bakasetas doesn’t play.

We will probably have to change our formation from the usual 4-2-3-1. We can’t play Bakasetas at 10. Mantalos I think isn’t the answer there either but would be better there. I think out of all our options I’d give Pelkas that spot if we were to stick with 4-2-3-1. But I don’t see JVS doing that.

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied
    I really liked what I saw in the Norway game. We played 2 strikers and 3 at the back. This is something we should be going for in my opinion. I believe the 4-2-3-1 is not helping us. We can’t seem to create enough with that formation and isolating the striker isn’t working for us.

Playing a variation of 3-5-2 or 3-1-4-2 is what suits our pool of players. We haven’t got an CAM that’s consistent enough or someone that can support the striker well. Fortounis is good but is lazy and can easily get shut down from decent to strong opponents. Mantalos is decent but for Greece he needs to be a bit deeper to get the most out of him. Pelkas I don’t think is a proper 10, he’s more of a second striker or striker I think. The way he was used against Norway is a perfect example. Making runs in behind and also dropping deep to pick up the ball when need be. Bakasetas is just useless for Greece. We also don’t have a high class winger to depend on. Masouras is good but I think he needs to be upfront.

So, who we play upfront is important. A variation of Fortounis, Pelkas, Masouras, Limnios, Chatzigiovannis, Fountas with one of Giakoumakis, Pavlidis and Tzolis should be more than enough to choose from to have a flat 2 upfront.

We have plenty of good wingbacks. If we don’t want to play wingers on the wing then a variation of a 3-5-2 with wingbacks is best in my opinion. We’ve got Androutsos, Giannis Masouras and Kotsiras for the RWB role. We’ve got Tsimikas, Giannoulis and Koutris for the LWB role.

Any formation with 2 upfront is good for us. As we saw against Honduras where we played a 4-4-2 we looked like we were going to score 5 in the first half. Tzolis got into great positions. Pavlidis played a supportive role for the striker which suited him. Fountas can play that role too. Giakoumakis is our only target man we have that can play as a target man. Pavlidis isn’t that type of player.

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied
    Give the guy a few months re pedia!

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied

He has the skill and ability no doubt, just not the right contacts at the EPO. Zagorakis meanwhile doesn't even visit the EPO office... he has gone awol.

https://sportdog.gr/sports/podosfair...-ola-ston-aera
    Mmm, this is interesting. Already there seems to be something fishy with Zagorakis at the helm. I was hoping for a new start when he came but I think we will be getting more of the same like the last president. All we want is for the state of Greek football and the national team to improve. But I guess money is more important to people these days than patriotism.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
    I really don’t know how Giannis Masouras hasn’t had 1 cap yet. This guy is definitely our most fastest and skilful RB. He’s way better defensively too than our current RBs on the national team. Look at how he uses his speed to get past players. He also uses it to recover defensively. He’s very attacking and should’ve had way more assists to his name. Here’s the highlights of this season.

https://youtu.be/yUg5U40mQIk
    He has the skill and ability no doubt, just not the right contacts at the EPO. Zagorakis meanwhile doesn't even visit the EPO office... he has gone awol.

https://sportdog.gr/sports/podosfair...-ola-ston-aera

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied
    I really don’t know how Giannis Masouras hasn’t had 1 cap yet. This guy is definitely our most fastest and skilful RB. He’s way better defensively too than our current RBs on the national team. Look at how he uses his speed to get past players. He also uses it to recover defensively. He’s very attacking and should’ve had way more assists to his name. Here’s the highlights of this season.

https://youtu.be/yUg5U40mQIk

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied
    Your right in a way. But Bouchalakis I think needs to have great players around him to do well. Like at Olympiakos he has MVila, Camara, Valbuena and El Arabi to work with. These players I just mentioned are way better than any of our current starters in the national team.

Alexandropoulos definitely needs to start for this team.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    I think Alexandropoulos should start next to Bouxa. Zeca is finished and Bouxa is probably the most established CM we have despite him being limited.

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied
    Stelios Kitsiou is still in great form in Turkey. Meanwhile, Kotsiras is coming 1st in the league for ball recoveries.
    Last edited by Dean97; 04-16-2021, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Amorgos
    replied

Haha wow. Let me guess, Bakasetas missed the penalty haha. I would love to see us beat Germany in the semi final as a reality.
    Funny enough, he just scored a penalty against his old team in Turkey but they eventually lost 3–1

Leave a comment:

• Dean97
    replied

No idea who took the pen, my stream cut out and i could only hear that we missed. Even in my dreams I have problems with streaming football.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied

Haha wow. Let me guess, Bakasetas missed the penalty haha. I would love to see us beat Germany in the semi final as a reality.
    No idea who took the pen, my stream cut out and i could only hear that we missed. Even in my dreams I have problems with streaming football.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X