Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Dean but we risk loosing more by making so many changes like what you suggest and put a whole team with new combos whilst removing a system that is working so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
      Sorry Dean but we risk loosing more by making so many changes like what you suggest and put a whole team with new combos whilst removing a system that is working so well.
      I’m not sure what your referring to but if your referring to the comment I made about the RB position it wouldn’t make anything worse. It will improve it even more actually. I don’t really want to make many changes as we are playing very well and it’s working. But when we face the likes of Italy, Belgium, Spain etc. we can’t play Stafylidis at CB or have Bakasetas at CAM. We need better players at these positions. Preferably Manolas or Siovas should be put at CB and Fortounis or Mantalos at CAM. That’s what I think. The young lads can stay in the 11 like Hatzidiakos, Limnios and Pavlidis. Also Retsos would have to be played at RB, especially if we are facing a difficult opponent.

Do you agree with this or not?

Comment

• For all the positivity & optimism concerning the #Ethniki at the moment. John van't Schip & the coaching staff will face a dilemma come the start of qualifying for #Qatar2022
        • Whether to stick with the young players or incorporate some of the experienced guys back into the squad?
        This is what I read from Hellas football on Facebook. I believe if the team keeps playing and winning the way they are then we should continue as we are with a few tweaks such as including Manolas and Fortounis.

Comment

• I think Amorgos meant me.

Is Van't Schip trying players out or what? Vasileiadis should play. We need a proper CM.

Also, Fetfatzidis won the game against Bosnia and Limnios won it against Armenia, Van't Schip should try to play them in tandem and in my opinion, the two either work or they don't. Worse comes to worse, Fetfatzidis gets subbed out, Bakasetas gets subbed in.

Also, Finland play 4-4-2. They have Pukki. We have Stafylidis at CB to mark him if we don't make the changes. Are we going to drop the captain? Bakakis has to go. It's the right move. Even England is contemplating a back three again and they're winning games 7-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
            I think Amorgos meant me.

Is Van't Schip trying players out or what? Vasileiadis should play. We need a proper CM.

Also, Fetfatzidis won the game against Bosnia and Limnios won it against Armenia, Van't Schip should try to play them in tandem and in my opinion, the two either work or they don't. Worse comes to worse, Fetfatzidis gets subbed out, Bakasetas gets subbed in.

Also, Finland play 4-4-2. They have Pukki. We have Stafylidis at CB to mark him if we don't make the changes. Are we going to drop the captain? Bakakis has to go. It's the right move. Even England is contemplating a back three again and they're winning games 7-0.
            I agree Vasiliadis should be given a chance to see what he has got. I think JVS doesn’t want to change a winning team. That’s why he only called up 2 new players. I think 4-2-3-1 suits us as our players are used to it and have been playing well. I agree about Fetfatzidis being involved. Maybe we should try him at CAM but if he wants to start Mantalos at LW than its pointless to play Fetfatzidis at CAM as he plays RW for Aris. I think JVS is either experimenting the LW position with Mantalos and Masouras. He isn’t sure who is better I think. He also sees Masouras as a CAM as he played him in the last 5 minutes there.

JVS clearly rates Masouras but if Masouras doesn’t finish he chances he’s going to be a permanent sub. He always puts himself in the right situations he just has to put it away. Fetfatzidis in 5 minutes proved to be the difference maker against Bosnia. He should see game time against Finland. Also to mention Limnios is most effective on the right. I don’t know if he is equally effective on the left. It will be interesting to see the line up against Finland.

Comment

• I think a lot of the success of the team comes down to a shift in tactics. Opponents don't know what to expect. For me, if there was ever a time to go three at the back, this is it. Stafylidis at CB, and as the captain no less, is asking for trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post

I’m not sure what your referring to but if your referring to the comment I made about the RB position it wouldn’t make anything worse. It will improve it even more actually. I don’t really want to make many changes as we are playing very well and it’s working. But when we face the likes of Italy, Belgium, Spain etc. we can’t play Stafylidis at CB or have Bakasetas at CAM. We need better players at these positions. Preferably Manolas or Siovas should be put at CB and Fortounis or Mantalos at CAM. That’s what I think. The young lads can stay in the 11 like Hatzidiakos, Limnios and Pavlidis. Also Retsos would have to be played at RB, especially if we are facing a difficult opponent.

Do you agree with this or not?
                Im refering to the amount of changed you mentioned earlier.

Drop Bakakis, Mantalos and Bakastas, I know they are not liked on this forum but watch the team play carefully and you will see these three are contributing well, even Bakakis to our attacks. You also mentioned Stafylidis to left wing and a back three - I dont see how all these changes are gona help us beat Finland when we are moving away from a system that's working.

I agree, Stafylidis at CB is no good, I dont agree about Baka but I would take a look at Feta or Mantalos in his place for sure.

Retsos, I watched the under 21's game - this is what kills me, why are we so hell bent on Retsos at RB? Have you guys seen him play now? Now not 12 months ago, he needs more game time and he was red carded for the under 21s vs Scotland. Kids got great potential but I see our Ethniki play great football and be quite effective but we wanna change some players who are helping that cause.

In closing I agree with some and disagree with some too. I think we underestimate some players heavily here and over estimate others. In my book you dont change a winning formula too much but truth be told there is a huge road ahead of us and inevitably we will see all these things tested, but not tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                  I think Amorgos meant me.

No I did mean Dean as per above.

Again, patience guys, it takes time for a new player that hardly speaks the language to adapt, there was no harm, in fact it would have been good for Vasiliadis to watch a game from the bench and get a grip and idea on how the team works and also get used to the language used by the team. I am sure he will get time with Finland.

You suggesting Mantalos-Fetfa-Limnios? Not a bad 3... would love to see it

Comment

• What do you guys think of Masouras going RB? Given his strength and weakness's I feel he could be great there - one day, if he keeps missing chances like he is at the moment...

Comment

• Giannis Masouras yes, Giorgos Masouras no. We need to trust Giorgos because he gets in the right positions and I have more faith in him than Bakasetas who is too slow and can’t finish. We shouldn’t be changing a winning team but when it calls for it we should make changes. I’d rather have Manolas or Sokratis at CB than Stafylidis. Just because it’s working now it doesn’t mean it always will. The Armenia, Finland’s and Bosnia’s has if the world you can get away with it. Against Spain or Germany your asking for trouble. If Bakasetas can’t turn his markers or finish his chances imagine what’s going to happen against Spain or France. We need to setting up a team that will be the most reliable going forward. We shouldn’t be waiting until Stafylidis or Bakasetas to make a serious mistake and cop it because we have no else better. We do have better and I don’t understand why that’s hard to comprehend.

I do like the way we are playing lately. But it doesn’t mean that we can’t add to it or tweak a few things to play to our max potential or ability. If we are playing so good now imagine if we put our better players on. That is crazy in a good way.

I don’t want Mantalos to be dropped. He is a great player to have. I’d drop Bakasetas, Stafylidis and Bakakis against quality opposition.
                      Last edited by Dean97; 11-18-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Katsouranis:

Επιτέλους έχουμε προπονητή. Είναι πολύ αισιόδοξο αυτό που δείχνει η ομάδα στα τελευταία τέσσερα παιχνίδια, γιατί μετράω και την ήττα από την Ιταλία και με καλή κλήρωση στην επόμενη προκριματική φάση, γιατί έτσι όπως τα κάναμε τα προηγούμενα πέντε χρόνια δεν έχουμε πλέον βατό όμιλο, μπορούμε να ελπίζουμε σε κάτι καλό.

Το σημαντικό είναι οι ομάδες να μην αγγίζουν την Εθνική με τη μιζέρια τους. Πρέπει να βρούμε νέο γήπεδο, δεν είναι το ΟΑΚΑ έδρα για να παίζει η Εθνική και όλα αυτά για να βοηθηθεί ο προπονητής και με τη σειρά τους να βοηθήσουν οι παίκτες τον προπονητή", ανέφερε στις δηλώσεις του ο Κώστας Κατσουράνης.

Comment

• ^^ He is right about the stadium. Even Albania has a new football only national stadium.

Comment

• Well here in Australia - . After the Olympics they installed retractable seats up to where the running track is so fans are closer to the action - no reason why they cant do that at OAKA . Karasikaki is a decent stadium and really one of the best stadiums to watch a game from how the pitch is sunk low. AEK is getting a new stadium in the next 5 years hopefully. Aris stadium looks to be getting a facelift . The issue with building a stadium for the Football team is that Greece really doesnt need it - its not like they can afford it - there are good alternatives...and finally - the BIGGEST obstacle is the Greeks themselves.Build it in Athens - the North will have a sook and not go to games, Build it in the North and the south will be the same...somewhere in the middle will not generate enough people for the other businesses surrounding it to stay viable....

Comment

• Originally posted by ThrylosG7 View Post
                              AEK is getting a new stadium in the next 5 years hopefully.
                              2021 bud, and for sure

Comment

• Why not have a rotating venue? Karaiskakis, Agia Sofia, Nea Toumba (when built) and even AE Larisa's stadium for smaller matches.

Comment

Working...
                                X