Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
    Yes he plays for Hercules in the Dutch league. He’s a CDM. I have never seen him play. Apparently JVS is looking to call him up, aswell as Vasiliadis.

Comment

• I have heard of him a fair bit but never seen him play

Comment

• In this article it says Vasiliadis and Kiomourtzoglou will be called up. It says that Vasiliadis will be called up to the men’s team while Kiomourtzoglou will be called up to the u21. Apparently the latter is highly regarded in Germany.

The technical director Konstantinidis met up with Vasiliadis in Germany to discuss the plans going forward. All that awaits is for Vasiliadis to go to Greece and complete some identity papers.

Vasiliaidis I think can play anywhere in midfield. He has got great technique and is full of energy. We just have to wait and see what he brings to the team.
        https://m.sport24.gr/football/ellada...s.5620709.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
          In this article it says Vasiliadis and Kiomourtzoglou will be called up. It says that Vasiliadis will be called up to the men’s team while Kiomourtzoglou will be called up to the u21. Apparently the latter is highly regarded in Germany.

The technical director Konstantinidis met up with Vasiliadis in Germany to discuss the plans going forward. All that awaits is for Vasiliadis to go to Greece and complete some identity papers.

Vasiliaidis I think can play anywhere in midfield. He has got great technique and is full of energy. We just have to wait and see what he brings to the team.
          https://m.sport24.gr/football/ellada...s.5620709.html
          Not a bad idea using these german born Greeks. If their Turkish equivalents are anything to go by, they will be useful.

Comment

• Vasiliadis is a player who interests me. He has good prospects in the Bundesliga. I don't know anything about Kiomourtzoglou and it's the first I've heard of him.

Comment

• Hatzigiovannis looks to be among the call-ups. I'm not surprised, he's a versatile winger (capable of playing on either side of the pitch). He scored the winner over Atromitos on the weekend.

Comment

• Vasiliadis paperwork is almost done just waiting on the German federation. After that he can be called up. As I mentioned before Kiomourtzoglou is in the plans of JVS but wants him to be in the u21s set up and then decide if he’s good enough for the men’s team. Just recently he played for the u21s German side and had a good debut. Got sent off in the 90th. He’s a tall lad.

Also Vangelis Pavlidis brother, Vasilis is also in the plans of JVS. He wants to be part of the youth sides for Greece. He currently plays the Schalke u17s. Would be great to see both brothers playing for the men’s side in the future. Vasilis is a CB.

https://m.sport24.gr/football/ellada...e.5632036.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                  Hatzigiovannis looks to be among the call-ups. I'm not surprised, he's a versatile winger (capable of playing on either side of the pitch). He scored the winner over Atromitos on the weekend.
                  Hopefully he does get called up because he is talented. I rate Lazaros Lamprou more but Chatzigiovannis is also a good player.

Comment

• It seems Retsos is staying at the U21 level for now. He's not getting any games in at Leverkusen unfortunately.

Comment

• Retsos actually played the last 10 minutes in the champions league. But he hasn’t played much and unfortunately was called up for the u21s. I would really like him to be in our plans for the men’s team. He can be a solid option at RB.

Comment

• Germans dont want us to have Kiomourtzoglou.

https://m.sport24.gr/football/Elline...s.5634405.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                          Germans dont want us to have Kiomourtzoglou.

https://m.sport24.gr/football/Elline...s.5634405.html
                          To be honest I don’t think he has a future with Germany. They are better than Greece and they have plenty of talented young players and always will. He’s better off playing with Greece as we have a much smaller pool to choose from and can excel and probably be a future leader in the midfield.

Vasiliadis I believe is more talented.
                          Last edited by Dean97; 11-07-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Odysseus did the same. He never represented Greece at a youth level. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                              Odysseus did the same. He never represented Greece at a youth level. Time will tell.
                              Yes good points. If JVS was able to get a hold of him, it would then be smart to cap him in the next match as he could be a permanent option. It wouldn’t hurt to have options.

Comment

• Oddly Hatzigiovannis was left out. Bouzoukis could be called up still.

Comment

Working...
                                X