Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatziogiovanis tore us (AEK) a new one on Sunday... looking at the u21 selections, he should have been a walk in

Comment

• Only players born in 1998 or later are eligible. He was born in 1997. He had a troubled start to the season and he put up a fuss in hopes of putting through a move. If not for that, he'd probably be on the NT right now.

Comment

• 1998... far out! Time flies!

Comment

• I dont know where Chatzigiovannis fits in the team. We have Masouras, Fetfatzidis, Limnios and Donis as options on the wing. We would have to drop 1 of these 4. Unless we drop Bakasetas completely and move Mantalos in the centre. Then maybe Chatzigiovannis has a spot.

Comment

• I personally think Chatzigiovanis is better than Masouras. The others all have some polish to their game, Chatzi is a much better version of Masouras imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
              I personally think Chatzigiovanis is better than Masouras. The others all have some polish to their game, Chatzi is a much better version of Masouras imo
              The differences in these 2 is that Chatzigiovannis has more tricks and can take on players. Masouras has a good shot on him look at the shot against Lichtenstein. Masouras can play good passes also look at the assist against Lichtenstein the first time around where he set up Donis who scored a great goal. He’s very inconsistent with this finishing. He’s not a goal scorer he’s more a scorer of a poacher like Koulouris. Both aren’t goalscoring players. Pelkas for example is a scorer of good goals not a goal scorer.

I dont think Masouras and Chatzigiovannis are the best we have. Fetfatzidis, Donis and Limnios are better also I rate Lamprou more too. If Masouras and Chatzigiovannis can score more goals and assist than we can say they are reliable.

I must say Chatzigiovannis did play very well against AEK and people are saying he was the best player on the field. When he wants to play he is dangerous. At the beginning of the season he didn’t seem he wanted to play but as soon as he signed that new contract he became a different player. He has to continue like this and be consistent. As we saw last season he dropped off in the 2nd part of the season but was very good in the 1st part of the season.
              Last edited by Dean97; 11-12-2019, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Hatzigiovannis is still very young. He was hoping to engineer a move abroad due to his good performances in those friendlies to Dutch team during the summer, but he eventually came to terms with PAO once he was frozen out of the first team. He's good, but he's not exceptional. Limnios, for me, is favorite to start at RW/RM. He provides the best width of anyone and does what's required of him either end of the pitch. He has good potential, but time will tell. The left side remains less settled, but Mantalos has so far made a decent case for himself.

Masouras has UCL experience and is more mature. Alefantos believes he may be better suited as center-forward. I think he's very similar to Bakasetas and could operate behind the striker much like Bakasetas has for Greece. He and Tsimikas work in tandem together at OSFP, so he has that working in his favor too.

And lest I forget, there is still Bouzoukis to consider. I suspect Van't Schip will want to mold him into a Vasileiadis type, a box-to-box dynamo. Currently, he plays more like a classic dekari and needs to add a little more defensive quality to his game.

Comment

• Fantastic post and I agree. Masouras I think would be more suited behind the striker. He could even be more effective than Bakasetas there. I was thinking the same in regards to Masouras and Tsimikas working together at Olympiakos and how that could work in Masouras favour.

I’ve always seen Bouzoukis as a box to box player. I don’t mind him playing as the 10 but I believe he can be more effective as a CM as he has a good range of passing and he is great technically. He has to be more aggressive in his challenges and work on the defensive side of his game. Mantalos is decent defensively and he could work as a CM. We should or JVS should mould Bouzoukis as a box to box player. Playing box to box is very demanding as he would also have to work on his fitness too.

Unfortunately for Lamprou i was hoping he could have his breakout season with PAOK but he hasn’t played at all and isn’t beneficial for him. He has talent and I believe he can be put best winger. He works hard in training and he sets high goals. I hope he goes on loan again in January most suitably Netherlands as JVS seems to favour young talents from there.

You’ve explained Chatzigiovannis perfectly.

Comment

• Sheffield United's George Baldock appears to be in Van't Schip's plans according to SportDay. His grandfather on his mother's side is Greek. Sheffield play a back three, but George plays on the right of the midfield as a winger/wing-back. He scored a lucky goal on the weekend to earn his team a draw against Tottenham, his first Premier League goal. They have the second best defense in England and are currently sitting in fifth place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                      His grandfather on his mother's side is Greek.
                      For some reason this combination can often turn out the biggest patriots..

Comment

• I said it was a lucky goal, but it was one hell of a goal. Look at the build-up:

Comment

• I honestly think we should be looking at G.Masouras at RB first before we cap this guy. I see this English guy as Holebas 2.0. G. Masouras is a good player. He came back from injury and assisted. There are many young talented Greek players from Atromitos and Panionios playing week in and week out. Charisis, Androutsos, Natsos, Masouras, Milojevic, Goutas and Emmanoulidis for example.

I would give Masouras a chance at RB and Natsos as the back up. It’s that simple. Lyratzis can be the u21s right back for now.

Comment

• I don't think now is the time to call-up those two. Natsos is coming back from injury and Kivrakidis is the one starting for Atromitos at RB. Natsos is more of a midfielder. AlsoI don't see how Giannis Masouras can earn a call-up under the circumstances and the same would have to apply to his teammates. Panionios are dead last in Greece and are playing like it.

Bakakis has so far done enough to convince Van't Schip he's up to task. In my opinion the coach rates him or at least believes in him, but the fact Baldock is being considered means Van't Schip is still looking for other options. I don't have as much faith in Bakakis. He's a good person, but he's not good enough to start for Greece. I think we have to go Retsos or Hatzidiakos here eventually. And it's unclear if Baldock will play for Greece, he could chose England even if that means he has to settle as a reserve option.

Comment

• I see it differently. I look at what the player can offer the team in terms of his abilities. I don’t look at the whole team and judge a player by the team and it’s circumstances. For example the reason why we should give Masouras a chance is because he is young, very fast and attacking, great crossing and can score a few of his own. He’s an athletic player with great potential. He has been injured lately though. Reaper and I see it the same way.

Same with Natsos, he has great ball skills and is quick off the mark. I’ve seen him in a u21s game and I was impressed. I think he is injured at the moment as you said but definitely a talent to look at. He can play on the wing as well.

Bakakis, for all the running and enthusiasm he isn’t good enough as you said and I believe Natsos and Masouras have more to offer and are younger. I just look at it in terms of a players abilities and attributes.

Comment

• I think for Finland we should go to a back three. Siovas should be brought in. I'd drop Bakakis to make room for him. Stafylidis can't be trusted to deal with Pukki. And this would allow Stafylidis to get forward and overload the left-wing or provide added support to the midfield (he likes to step up quite a bit when defending).

I think Fetfatzidis and Limnios should start. Fetfatzidis can actually turn his man. I'd drop Bakasetas to make room for him. Also Fetfatzidis can work with Limnios to overload the right-wing. I think Vasileiadis or Bouchalakis should start too (our passing in the middle is dreadful without player of this quality). I'd drop Mantalos to make room for one of those two.

My guess is Van't Schip sticks to same setup to give these players confidence and more familiarity. I think we risk losing if we do, but that will depend on whether Finland shows up to play. This is game is dead rubber.

Comment

Working...
                                X