Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember reading this article a long time ago and by reading this I think Van’t Schip looks at Stafylidis as a Blind type player. That’s why we’ve seen play LB, CB and maybe soon CDM. He’s compared him to the Dutchman and even said he is more aggressive, faster and a better shot than him and he should be playing for Ajax. I don’t know about that...

https://m.sport24.gr/paraskinio/24o-...t.5619537.html

Comment

• That's quite the compliment. If he can get Stafylidis to hit another gear, that would be quite the testament to his abilities as a coach. Rehhagel used to do this with players. Olaf Marschall, Zagorakis, etc. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• We went from having serious problems at left-back to having the two best left-backs in all of Eastern Europe!
        ο Ιταλός football expert, Αλεσάντρο Σόλι, σημειώνοντας χαρακτηριστικά πως: «Οι δυο ποδοσφαιριστές είναι τα καλύτερα αριστερά μπακ στο ελληνικό πρωτάθλημα και πιθανώς σε όλη την Ανατολική Ευρώπη».

Comment

• Now that we have good LBs, we need better RBs lol...

Comment

• RB is where we struggle and potentially can get exposed. I don't think Bakakis is the answer as he gets exposed easily. He makes some nice runs but that's about it.

Comment

• Van’t Schip is looking to experiment in that RB spot. He even went back to the Netherlands just recently to look at Lazaros Rota play. Haven’t seen him so don’t know how good he is. We should try Masouras, Lyratzis and Marinakis there.

Comment

• Bakakis is quick and energetic, but he's not the best solution. We'll need to be a little patient and somebody should make an impression, hopefully sooner than later.

Comment

• Is the 3-5-2 revolution back? Barcelona may employ it against Napoli on Saturday! The coach, Setien, had tried it before after taking over from Valverde, but his players had trouble adjusting to it and he has since not used it.

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2020...against-napoli
                  Last edited by Don Giovanni; 08-04-2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• I don’t know if Greece should play 3-5-2. It does make some sense because we have a lot of great CBs and having 2 upfront might do the job for us in terms of goals. But I don’t think we have good enough wing backs. Tsimikas could do well as a LWB but who do you put on the right? I was thinking maybe Limnios but he would have to chase back a lot, unless he is instructed not to and just concentrates on attacking and we defend with a back 4 maybe?

Comment

• Right now all eyes are on Vagiannidis as far as right-backs go. We could go 3-4-3 to better accommodate Limnios.

Three at the back could allow for Manolas to return while Hatzidiakos and Stafylidis can keep their places. I think it depends how much van't Schip values having Stafylidis in the eleven and whether Stafylidis can get the necessary amount of playing time at a strong enough level. It will also be hard to keep him at LB considering Giannoulis, Tsimikas, and Kyriakopoulos are all vying for that spot. The only other thing I can see being done with Stafylidis is giving him a spot in the midfield. He has a lot of the characteristics Zagorakis possessed and he could excel in that kind of role.

Comment

• If I was coach I’d be tempted to play young talented players but I don’t think it’s realistic Vagiannidis plays as he hasn’t played enough men’s football. But I would like to see him to see what he’s got. We haven’t got depth there and he could be better than Bakakis.

Comment

• It might be a couple of years before Vagiannidis really finds himself. He has it good at Inter. He'll get to train alongside Hakimi and Candreva. He'll learn a lot. Inter also play three at the back.

Comment

• Which is perfect for him as he is more of a wingback than a proper right back.

Comment

• I just read this article about Vagiannidis. He seems very ambitious and is willing to do anything to get into the first team. Panathinaikos tried very hard in keeping him. As they wanted him to have an important role in the first team. He’s been told by Inter that he will be included in the 1st team and they will make decision during pre season and see if he will stay or be loaned out. He’s even said he wants to become the best player in the world and has said he trains 5 hours a day to be prepared. Let’s see what happens...

https://sempreinter.com/2020/06/22/e...nly-inter/amp/

Comment

• We could eventually play 3-5-2. Now that Baldock has stated that he wants to play for Greece. Also most of our full backs are in fact actual wingbacks and a variation of a 3 man defence could work for us. With Baldock, Vagiannidis and Bakakis as RWB options and Tsimikas, Giannoulis and Koutris as LWB options. Hopefully Vagiannidis plays at a decent level and Koutris most likely will be Olympiakos main LB. Van’t Schip has also stated that he see Tsimikas as defensive winger who likes to attack.

I would also like to see Mantalos central and Limnios could be a more supportive 2nd striker. Something like this...

Comment

Working...
                                X