Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Vlachodimos plays at the highest level. He's the best with the ball at his feet. My only concern is that he looks a little unsettled with Greece.

Barkas and Paschalakis are consistent, but Paschalakis imploded against Benfica last season and that performance suggested he wasn't good enough to compete at a higher level. In Greece, he's excellent, but the level in Greece is low. Next week against Ajax, we'll see where he stands. I have doubts he belongs on the NT.

Barkas is a more proven keeper who has shown that he can compete at a higher level. He's the best keeper we have at claiming the ball in the air and he's very brave. Barkas will need to make the jump to a club abroad sooner rather than later. If he stays in Greece, his progress will stagnate. I would consider him Greece's number two keeper.

Gianniotis made a mistake in UCL qualifying for his club recently that proved to be a knockout blow. He needed to come out of his goal to claim the ball, but hesitated and was made to look silly trying to save from point blank. He's not ready to be a part of the NT.

Dioudis may become an option in the future. Realistically, his potential ceiling is the same one Karnezis had.

Kapinos is at Werder Bremen and may well become their number one keeper. I suspect he's the likeliest option who could force his way back into the NT in the next two seasons, probably at the expense of Paschalakis.
    You make good points I personally don’t have major problems with any of those keepers apart from Karnezis. I just don’t think he is good enough and the rest are more athletic and are more talented in my opinion. Barkas is a fearless keeper, something that I admire about him. With a bit more improvement I can see him making a jump to a serious league like a La Liga or Serie A. Paschalakis is hit or miss for me. Haven’t seen Kapino lately but would put him ahead of Karnezis. Dioudis is proving to be a great keeper even with the fact that he is the shorter of the bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post

That’s the most logical line up. RB seems to be the biggest issue we have at the moment. Is Natsos good enough to start for Greece Reaper??
      Depends if the coach and players believe he is good enough.. As it is he has the ability required.

Comment

• Reaper

Those Atromitos players reveal just how weak we are in those positions. Tsimikas isn't going to solve our issues at LB. In my opinion, Greece should stick to a back three with Retsos, Sokratis, and Manolas. I don't know if Retsos is really ready yet. He just returned from a long term injury. Otherwise I'd start Torosidis and still play a back three.

We could maybe play Natsos with Retsos or Torosidis offering added defensive cover just to be safe. Zeca is a better option, however, and I think for Natsos' sake he should continue at the u21 level if he's still eligible.

Fetfatzidis should come off the bench. Donis has to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
          Reaper

Those Atromitos players reveal just how weak we are in those positions. Tsimikas isn't going to solve our issues at LB. In my opinion, Greece should stick to a back three with Retsos, Sokratis, and Manolas. I don't know if Retsos is really ready yet. He just returned from a long term injury. Otherwise I'd start Torosidis and still play a back three.

We could maybe play Natsos with Retsos or Torosidis offering added defensive cover just to be safe. Zeca is a better option, however, and I think for Natsos' sake he should continue at the u21 level if he's still eligible.

Fetfatzidis should come off the bench. Donis has to start.
          I have to agree. Tsimikas won’t do the job for us at LB and neither will Giannoulis/Katranis. If only Holebas was still with us...

To me either Koutris or Lykogiannis are the 2 best options we have. I’m all for alternating with these 2. They are our best we have.

Tsimikas has a long way to go aswell as Katranis. We need Tsimikas to be more fearless. I’ve seen him up close and I don’t think he is fully ready yet. Mentally that is. He has got all the tools. I think he is holding himself back for various reasons. I agree we have to go 3 at the back but what I personally want is a more attacking team. Which will take time to master. Torosidis is still a viable option I believe. He would be needed off the bench.

Regarding Fetfatzidis, I understand that you say he should come off the bench because of his fitness levels but I would start him. Even as the 10. If we want the best for the team he should play there but, he will do just fine on the wing.

Comment

• Reapers latest squad he put showed which players are match ready. Katranis and Natsos have been playing every game lately in the Europa qualifiers. They deserve to be considered. By no means are they better than Torosidis or Koutris. Bouchalakis and Kourbelis should be the pairing but I’m getting the feeling that Samaris and Zeca will be playing instead. Mantalos, Fetfa and Masouras are good enough to support and get the job done with Koulouris up front.
            Last edited by Dean97; 08-10-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• I don't agree about Vlacho, how is he consistent when he has howlers for the Ethniki? Barkas is better IMO, so he had a good game for Benfica, that's great but the other two have had many great games also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                I don't agree about Vlacho, how is he consistent when he has howlers for the Ethniki? Barkas is better IMO, so he had a good game for Benfica, that's great but the other two have had many great games also.
                That’s the thing some of our players are not bringing their club form over to Greece. Also inconsistency is a problem. Vlachodimos plays well most of the time at Benfica and plays at a higher level. Paschalakis and Barkas can certainly push for the #1 spot but aren’t at the same level as Vlachodimos in my opinion.

Comment

• How much does anyone want to bet Van Shit was watching AEK sulk instead of the magic of fetfa last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CgWk6iykk0

Comment

• Dunno why he got subbed off... what a play on that second goal. Needs to be in the Ethniki

Comment

• He If Van shit wants to play attacking football than Fetfa has to be his man. Now that Fortounis has is our injured Fetfatzidis is needed. Just like Amorgo said what a play on the 2nd goal. The defender didn’t know what hit him. I believe he would’ve done a better job in the recent Olympiakos game in place of either Valbuena or Podence.

There are not many game changers for the national team of Greece. Samaris, Kourbelis, Mavrias, Stafylidis, Mantalos, Pelkas, Valerianos, Bakasetas etc. They are all passengers most of the time. They are not constantly giving the team assists or goals. You can’t expect Mavrias or Stafylidis or Kourbelis to take on 2 or 3 players and score. It takes certain talent to do so. Also Samaris or Bakasetas are not talented enough to put a good through ball or pick out the striker.

Fortounis is a game changer, Tachtsidis a few times was and also Ninis. Fetfatzidis is a big game changer just because of his pace, dribbling and ball control. All the players I mentioned above need certain players like Fortounis or Fetfatzidis to accomodate them. Just like Pjanic is for Bosnia. To put the ball on the plate for them, to play the right balls. Unfortunately Fortounis has to do all that and now he is out injured. Things could get worse now for Greece. Only possible solution is to play Fetfatzidis. That alone will not be enough. Especially if players like Bakasetas and Valerianos plays. We haven’t got players that can lead and carry the team. The majority of not all are just there to be there. They won’t go the extra mile.

Weve only got a couple of players who have talent to do the extra things that not many are capable of doing, especially most Greece players. Kourbelis and Samaris can’t do what Fortounis did against Armenia. Bakasetas can’t, Mantalos can’t and Tachtsidis can’t. Ninis and Fetfatzidis have done it before, especially Fetfatzidis.

Tachtsidis and Fetfatzidis are capable of picking out the striker and at the perfect time. They can give assists. Tachtsidis has to be playing like he was when was playing at Roma and his time a bit after that. Another player like Pelkas who is inconsistent. But both have the quality to create magic. I’d say Fetfatzidis is the most talented and fearless of the bunch.
                      Last edited by Dean97; 08-16-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Done underestimate what Mantalos can bring to the team, he’s been on good for at AEK, I would play him in place of Fortounis

Comment

• Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                          Done underestimate what Mantalos can bring to the team, he’s been on good for at AEK, I would play him in place of Fortounis
                          True his in good form and is scoring. I hope he plays the same way. I hope we have other players who are in form around him. We need every player in form.

Vlachodimos

Retsos Manolas Sokratis Tsimikas

Bouchalakis Kourbelis

Fetfatzidis Mantalos Masouras

Koulouris

Subs: Torosidis, Pavlidis, Pelkas (if we are chasing a goal)

Subs: Torosidis, Zeca, Siovas ( if we want to shut down the game)

This team would be the best team to play. Everyone in form except for Retsos. We do have a problem at RB. No one is ready for the spot apart from Torosidis. I’d use Torosidis as a utility player, if we need a goal he would be needed.

Apparently Van Schipt is looking at players in Holland and saw Sokratis in London. He is looking very closely st Vrousai.

Comment

• My old mate, Gentsoglou was very good for APOEL today and season so far (yes it’s early)

I haven’t seen much of him the last few years but was a massive fan of his at AEK. I think he can offer more than overrated Samaris. Savvas is 28, 29 in a month

Comment

• What can he offer to the team? I’ve never closely watched him to make a comment. As far as Samaris goes I don’t think he is going to be benched. I see him starting again unfortunately. If we had a CDM or CM playing week in and week out for Manchester United or Real Madrid than he wouldn’t be that important to have in the starting 11.

Comment

• Ah re Amorgo, you beat me to the punch with Gents., I too was a fan of his with Aek years ago, along with a young tachstidis, Manolas and Kone, I was not only excited about Aek's future,but the ethniki's as well. I saw Savvas with Hadjuk Split a couple of years ago playing against
                                Wayne Rooney's Everton side in a Europa league qualifier and Gentsoglou was all over the midfield winning 50 50's, transitioning the ball rapidly
                                offensively in the midfield and not slowing rythm down, ie Tziolis, Samaris.

His main strengths I think are his strength in the one on ones and his vision in picking out players in space, both in build up play and in counters.

Comment

Working...
                                X