Suggested Call Ups/Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing is Kourbelis and Siovas have experienced together at CB and did well enough. I doubt we see Hatzidiakos start at CB. He didn't start for Alkmaar against United, but he came on late in the game (~87th minute) to play as a third CB. Retsos did play at DM against Germany in friendly for the U21 team. I think Hatzidiakos or Retsos would be a better fit at RB than Bakakis. The problem is Retsos' lack of game time is an issue and the only games he's had so far were at DM. It's safer to play him at DM if at all. And in the case of Hatzidiakos, it's asking a lot of him to play in this one. His inexperience is an issue.

I don't think Donis is fit enough to complete the 90 minutes and I think out wide his lack of fitness will get exposed. Up top he can sit a bit more and regain his wind. He's also our fastest attacker and having him higher up could create a problem for Italy when they leave much of the pitch open.

The problem is with Chiellini out, we could see De Rossi play. He is a superior player on the ball and that would help Italy be more dominant. I don't believe Mancini wants this to be his farewell game. He wants De Rossi to remain an option for him at Euro 2020. If Candreva starts on the right, they'll have a hugely experienced and talented wing-back who will press forward often and create problems. Not to mention that if Sensi starts over Jorginho, then Italy will be more threatening and attack minded. We'll really be on the back foot and we need players who can defend well.

Comment

• I also think this is the first batch of players he called up. There could be a completely different team in the last 2 games. I don’t mind having Kourbelis and Siovas as CBs as that’s Kourbelis best position in my opinion. Shouldn’t be in the midfield, isn’t commanding enough and doesn’t control the game.

In any case I would love to see Retsos play. He is our future. Along with Donis, Pavlidis, Koulouris and Galanopoulos. Donis might be reserving his energy for the most part of the time he is on. He needs to be smart about his runs and needs to make the most of his chances. Other wise the Italians will know what he is about for example his speed and will close him down easily. This is where we will need Fetfatzidis to turn players beat 2 or 3 players put the ball on the plate for Donis.
      Last edited by Dean97; 10-05-2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• No De Rossi and no Candreva. Mancini opts for youth.

I think we'll probably see this:
        Donnarumma
        Florenzi---Romagnoli---Bonucci---Spinazzola
        Barella---Veratti
        Sensi
        Chiesa---Belotti---Insigne

Not as bad as I had feared. So long as we remain organized in the middle and press hard, then we might frustrate them and with Donis' pace to get in behind their defense, as well as Fetfatzidis' guile, we might have a goal in us. I wish we at least had Manolas for this one because he'd give us more belief and confidence at the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
          No De Rossi and no Candreva. Mancini opts for youth.

I think we'll probably see this:
          Donnarumma
          Florenzi---Romagnoli---Bonucci---Spinazzola
          Barella---Veratti
          Sensi
          Chiesa---Belotti---Insigne

Not as bad as I had feared. So long as we remain organized in the middle and press hard, then we might frustrate them and with Donis' pace to get in behind their defense, as well as Fetfatzidis' guile, we might have a goal in us. I wish we at least had Manolas for this one because he'd give us more belief and confidence at the back.
          Thanks for the information Don.

Our players still have to give it everything they’ve got. This is there chance to reach the next level. Van’t Schip is doing it the right way. By calling up players who haven’t been tried and to see who can handle the international level. I hope players like Galanopoulos and Hatzidiakos shine.

Comment

• Maybe Donis could work on the wing. It looks like that's where he's playing today against Rennes.

Comment

• Watching Aris vs Olympiacos.

23rd minute - Fetfa shows that he is the fastest player in the league. Unbelievable speed and technique.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	lineup (1).png
Views:	121
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	7207

The best 11 in my opinion

Fetfa has to start for me. Mantalos would be a good 8 in that wide area. he plays mostly on the LW for AEK and drifts in. I was thinking about putting him in at CAM but Fetfa has too much to offer aswell. G.Masouras is a better player than Bakakis in my opinion. Younger and better defender. I know he hasnt played and thats breaking the rules but we got to put out our best possible team. You can make an arguement about Fortounis and Donis being in there but i think they more suited to come off the bench at this stage. Hatzidiakos and LImnios have earned a spot in the 11. Koutris has to be our 1st choice. His speed and crosses can be very threatening. Mavropanos hasnt played but when on form he is very good. We would have to move on from Sokratis and Manolas. Also K.Papadopoulos is very injury injury prone. Samaris and Mitroglou shouldn't be invovled at this stage. Im 50/50 with Bouchalakis. Against quality opposition its safer to play Zeca because of his running and pressing. Pavlidis is a no brainer for me. So is Vlachodimos. I like this formation as i believe it suits us. It can also turn into 4-2-3-1 and a standard 4-4-2. It can also turn into a 3-4-1-2 in attack with Koutris and Masouras pushing forward and adding width with Kourbelis hanging back as CB/CDM. Bakasetas, Stafylidis and Giannoulis did well but they are more bench options than starters in my opinion. Siovas, Masouras and Retsos are good options on the bench aswell.
                Attached Files

Comment

• If you cant see the file this is what i mean:

Vlachodimos

G.Masouras Hatzidiakos Mavropanos Koutris

Kourbelis

Bouchalakis Mantalos (c)

Fetfatzidis

Limnios Pavlidis

Comment

• Van't Schip is looking at calling up Sebastian Vasiliadis, a young Greek-German midfielder who plays at newly promoted Paderborn in Bundesliga, and he's also looking at calling up former PAOK right-back Stelios Kitsiou.

Vasiliadis has had interest from clubs like Borussia Mochengladbach this past summer. He averaged almost one assist every three games last season in Germany's second division. You can read up about him here:

https://footballbh.net/2019/05/25/se...is-statistics/

This season his team has conceded on average almost three goals a game. They have only managed one point. At this rate, his team will be playing in Germany's second division and it's unclear if he'll survive that drop.

Kitsiou is a very average right-back. I'd rate him a better player than Bakakis, but then again, it's hard to be a worse footballer than Bakakis.

Comment

• Dunno if Kitsiou has improved, id rather Bakakis over him. Last time I saw Kitsiou play I was massively disappointing. Kotsiras from Asteras I thought looked ok, I would love for this kid to be given another chance

Comment

• Apparently Kitsiou is in top form in Turkey. He can’t be any worse than Bakakis. I also saw that Van’t Schip is looking to call up Vasiliadis but needs a Greek passport I think. I’ve heard very good things about him. Haven’t seen him play as I’m very eager to. I’ve also read the article above. He’s got a high football IQ and can give serious competition to Bouchalakis.

I actually didn’t mind Kotsiras. He is more of an upgrade to Bakakis for sure. But I think down the line if I was coach I would try and integrate Giannis Masouras in at RB.

Comment

• Yea, Masouras for me is the best Greek RB I have seen in a few years. He is very similar to Koutris.

Comment

• He didn't make the cut at OSFP, despite Torosidis' old age. He barely played last season. He has only played one game this season so far and his team is last place. How can he be called up to Greece? There's no way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                              He didn't make the cut at OSFP, despite Torosidis' old age. He barely played last season. He has only played one game this season so far and his team is last place. How can he be called up to Greece? There's no way.
                              I agree. Just saying the game I did see him play - could tell he is the best we have. Fast, good defender and very attacking. Best doesn't always rise to the top. Also he was injured the first few games. He played the last game a full 90 and expect him to do pretty much that the rest of the season.

Comment

• I don’t know how Giannis Masouras lost his way as he has only played 2 matches for Panionios this season. When he was at Larissa he was doing very well at only age 19 and then Olympiakos swooped in. Every time he’s had a chance to play for Olympiakos he has done well. Very fast and can score goals. Even defensively he is very good. More than Bakakis. He is 21 know and needs to keep on playing. A move abroad would do him the world of good.

Players like Androutsos, Mavropanos and Masouras need to get game time. Hopefully they stay injury free as we could use these guys for Greece.

Comment

Working...
                                X